Chapter 4

For the next two to three days James remained in a daze. Sirius making fun of his state when ever he got the chance. James became more conscious of Lily's presence .

Getting tongue tied and blinking excessively, this was a side of James we had never seen before. Yet he became an even bigger show off if that was possible. He began to work extra hard to get her attention.

It was a Friday night as I sat in the common room by the fire. Tapping my finger impatiently against the wooden arm of my chair. I looked up towards the stairs which led to the boys dormitory. Remus had skipped dinner and had insisted on being too tired so I offered to accompany him back to the common room.

The whole day he had been distant. Frowning and not participating. Looking away, not sharing his usual witty remarks. I bit my lip knowing well what was making him so corpse like. This was the last night before the full moon.

"Pad-foot, Prongs! Where the hell have you two been?" I exclaimed in a hoarse whisper as the duo jumped through the portrait hole.

"Sorry mate. Got caught up with something." James apologized, grinning sheepishly.

"Yeah caught up with recounting for the umpteenth time your performance during quidditch practice TWO WEEKS AGO" Sirius said.

Playfully pushing Sirius away James made his way towards the arm chair next to mine and made himself comfortable.

Sirius followed in toe, pushing my frame to one side to make space for him, he wiggled himself besides me. Crossing his legs as he put one of his arms around my shoulders to fit more comfortably.

He squeezed my shoulder, turing his face towards me.

"So what's up?" Sirius asked. A stupid grin on his face. Feeling heat crawl up my neck I pushed his face away with my hand before turning to James.

"Full moons tomorrow."

"Ah yes." James said, taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes.

"How's moony?" Sirius asked.

"Horrible. He skipped dinner as usual. And insisted on going to bed early. He is probably still awake. Dreading tomorrow. Where is wormtail anyway?"

"Oh he wasn't done with dinner so he told us to go ahead." James replied.

"Why did you skip dinner?" Sirius asked leaning onto me.

"Well I wasn't hungry and I couldn't leave moony alone."

"That's understandable but you skipped lunch as well." James added.

"I guess I wasn't that hungry today. We have to focus on moony for now." I said a slight yawn escaping my lips.

"(ani/n) you should go to bed." James said.

"Yeah mate. Prongs and I will take care of it." Sirius said with an assuring smile.

"Thanks." I said rubbing my eyes. I had been tired all day not having had slept well last night. Getting out of Sirius' grip I bid them both good night and headed to our shared dorm room.

I noticed the curtains pulled around Remus' bed but decided not to bother him. He needed to be alone at the moment and I understood that.

Changing out of my school robes I got under the covers and turned to the side, draping my arm over my face, I didn't have to wait long before sleep took over and I drifted off.