Chapter 2

I shifted in bed, not wanting to wake up as I heard James call my name from the other side of the room.

"(ani/n)! Get up you lazy bum!"

I groaned, burying my face in the pillow. I had stayed up late last night reading the book Remus had recommended to me.

"Moony." I heard James say.

And before I knew it the covers were being pulled off of me as I rolled over and fell off the bed with an 'oof'.

A bark like laugh issued from the entrance door as Sirius doubled over in laughter.

"Sorry (ani/n). But we have talked about sleeping in." Remus said sheepishly as he offered me a hand.

"But what about worm-" I looked over at Peter's bed knowing that he had a huge problem with sleeping in. But to my surprise it was empty.

"Peter has already went to the Great Hall to save us seats." Remus explained.

"That's odd. He is usually the last one to wake." I said a bit dumbfounded.

"Get your arse dressed (ani/n) we can't wait for you forever." Sirius said leaning against the door frame.

"Hey its not like I asked you to stay." I said and huffed.

"We'll wait for you outside the portrait." James said and him and the guys headed out.

Going through the usual morning routine I walked over to my trunk, getting out my uniform I quickly put it on and made a beeline for the portrait, not wanting to keep them waiting any longer.

"About bloody time." Sirius said with a smirk as I climbed through the portrait hole.

"Still took less then you do styling your hair." I grinned as Sirius chuckled.

We reached the foot of the Marole staircase. Following some Hufflepuffs through the entrance hall we entered the Great Hall and walked over to where Peter sat, waving at us.

I sat next to Remus as James and Sirius joined Peter opposite to us.
I heard Sirius and James plan yet another prank together, this time having had succeeded in convincing Peter to help them. I rolled my eyes at them.

'Guess they won't be joining us for transfiguration.'

"How are you feeling moony?" I asked Remus as he sat quietly,  hardly eating a single morsel of food.

"Oh..... just a bit under the weather.  Nothing much." He said stabbing the toast with his knife.

"Remus." I said and smiled gently as he looked over at me.

I took his hand in mine and slipped a little gift into it. Remus glanced at his hand and then back at me with a smile.

"Thank you (ani/n)." Remus said and chuckled, while biting off some of the chocolate I gave him.

I smiled as well, feeling content with my accomplishment I got myself some toast and tea as Remus and I began to discuss the different aspects of the book that he had recommend to me.
James and the others left before the bell rang to God knows where.

Questioning their antics as the first period was transfiguration, I wondered if they would make it back in time.

"Are you worried (ani/n)?" Remus asked as we sat down at our seats in the transfiguration class room.

"Worried? Mate I am hoping they get caught!" I exclaimed earning a grin from Remus.

Prof. McGonagall entered the class. Dressed in green robes, her spectacles high on her nose.