Chapter 3

In the morning I was swarmed by the guys asking me what it was that kept me from dinner. Coming up with nothing but a lame excuse of having had forgotten to return a book to the library that was overdue I was glad when they dropped the subject.

After finishing having breakfast we all headed to our charms classroom on the 3rd floor.

Sirius walked by me as I avoided looking at him directly. Instead finding the walls to be more amusing.

"Why so Sirius? ~" Sirius cooed and chuckled at his own lame attempt at humor as he grasped my hand.
Rolling my eyes I pulled my hand back and smacked him over the head, causing the rest of the marauders to snicker.

"Oi what was that-"

"Good morning."

All of our heads turned in the direction of the voice.  It was Lily Evans, standing in front of us, a strict expression taking over her features as her eyes met James'.

"I wanted to return these." Lily said pushing James' notes my way as he stood on the side obviously holding his breath.

I 'ah'ed, before I realized what was going on, my eyes widening.

"Oh! Of course!" I exclaimed sharing a look with Remus.

"Well I'll leave you two to it then." I said as both James and Lily looked at me with shocked expression but before they could argue, I quickly turned on my heels, pulling Sirius and Peter by their arms, I led them away from James and Lily in a hasty manner before they could ruin the moment.

"What was that about?" Sirius asked as we reached the door that led us to Prof. Flitwick's class. .

"Jilly. Or 'Lames' as I prefer to call it."

"What? Have you finally gone bonkers (ani/n)?" Sirius said tilting his head.

"No. He is just being a matchmaker." Remus remarked.

This time Peter spoke, "But doesn't she.....well.....not like him?"

"Well I don't like seeing James so miserable so I thought maybe I could give him that push that would really make him pursue her. The right way."

Sirius gasped dramatically, "Oh you lovely child~"

"Choke on a slug Black!"