Chapter 5

The full moon came and went. Though it took a little time we were able to successfully contain the werewolf inside Remus, calming him down and soothing some of his consciousness back into him. We took him with us, out of the shrieking shack, letting his mind wonder as we trekked through Hogsmead. Yet we could not stop Remus from getting hurt in the beginning of his transformation.  He ended up with scratches and bruises, though his wounds were less severe than before.

Having been reckless Sirius and I also received a few blows. Sirius hurt his shoulder when Remus had thrown him against the wall of the shack, while I had a huge bruise on my abdomen along the length of 3 to 4 ribs.

We avoided going to Madam Pomfrey because if we did then she would have found out that we were with Remus the whole night. Instead James helped brew us a potion that would help dull the pain a little so that it wouldn't be so obvious.

Having had spent the whole Sunday morning and noon in the hospital wing we rushed to the 4th floor of the hospital tower to check up on Remus.

He greeted us in a hazy manner as we stood on his side examining his wounds most of which had already almost healed thanks to Madam Pomfrey but according to her he still needed to take a break 'The poor thing.' as she quoted.

We had hardly been there 5 minutes when Madam Pomfrey wouldn't let us stay any longer, saying that Remus needed his rest, kicking us out before we could protest.

We went back to our dorm room, grumbling and complaining all the while, to get our materials for all the assignments that were due.

Sitting a safe distance away from the lake so that the giant squid wouldn't splash all over our hard work we ended up spending the whole day outside only returning right before night set in.

We reached the common room, heading up to our dorm room chatting about Quidditch, we noticed Remus hunched over on his bed, his hands cupping his face.

"What's wrong mate?" Sirius approached Remus concern evident on his face.

Remus moved his hand into his hair, pulling slightly, "I hurt you two." he whispered.

"No you didn't moony." I exclaimed, sitting in front of him.

"Yeah moony it's not your fault.  We were the ones who were reckless." James added; "Look at us Remus." removing his hands away from his face James bent down at the same level as me as Remus lifted his head to look at each of us individually.

"You are our best mate and we know you would never hurt us intentionally." I said.

"Yeah that's right. We know you would never!" Peter, who had been standing on the side exclaimed.

"Yeah it's not like your puny arse could do much if you tried buttersticks." James said trying to lighten the mood.

"But-but I did." Remus said, looking away again.

"If me getting hurt means that I can lessen your pain, even a little bit, then by merlin's beard moony I'll take it all."

Sirius sighed and pulled Remus towards him, causing him to look back at him.

I smiled at Sirius' words, "And it didn't even hurt that bad. We had our potions master help us. We were just fine moony. Now don't worry your pretty little head about it." I said and grinned, pulling his cheek all the while.

Remus smiled and let out a chuckle as the rest of the marauders began to declare their love for him.

"Now that everything is well, let's all head to dinner." James said pulling Remus by his arm. He complied as both led the ways towards the Great Hall.

I walked besides Sirius, "That was really sweet."

"Huh? What?" Sirius said looking at me in a questionable manner.

"What you said to Remus."

"Oh." Sirius said and smirked, snaking his arm around my waist; "You like?~"

I rolled my eyes, using my elbow to hit him in the side making him let go,
"Why do you always have to ruin it?" I asked.

"Cause that makes me charming?"

I face palmed at his answer causing him to laugh at my reaction.

We finally reached the Great Hall, sitting down as the feast had already begun, it didn't take us long to get immersed in the mood and go back to our normal selves.