Chapter Nine

"Alright. Well you gotta get out of here, young man."

Areum wasn't sure what to do. She was afraid that he would lock her in again so she slowly made her way to the door. She heard the conversation between them and rolled her eyes. 'He's such a good liar' she thought to herself and put her hand on the doorknob. Hearing footsteps leave the gym, she opened the door and peeked outside.

The janitor was walking in the front with Mingi following from behind. Mingi turned to her and raised his palm signaling her to stop.

He went after the janitor. "You can unlock the main door. I'll just grab my bag from the classroom." He said smiling.

"Alright." The janitor said walking away. "I need to get something from the trunk. I'll meet you outside." The janitor said.

"Okay." Mingi turned around and put on the shirt that the janitor had picked up for him.

He headed to the classroom but immediately turned around when he saw that the janitor was out of sight.

He ran to the medic room and grabbed their stuff then ran back to the gym.

Areum heard the two leave and she waited inside the gym for him. After spotting him, she ran up to him and got her bag. Swinging it around her shoulder, she looked up at him. "So...what's the plan?" she asked tilting her head slightly to the side.

He ran his hand in his hair and sighed deeply. He looked at her. "I guess you'll have to survive today at school." He laughed. "I'm joking." He said pulling her out by her hand. He took her to the main door and looked around. "he's in the parking lot. Just hurry out and leave." He smiled pushing her forward. "I'll distract him." He said running to the lot without looking back

Areum's eyes widened at his first comment, she sighed of relief knowing he was joking. Once the two got outside, she waved goodbye to him and ran to a nearby park.

Mingi looked at the janitor who was lifting heavy boxes and smiled at him. "Do you need any help?" He asked hoping that the answer will be 'no'.

"No. You should get home." The janitor said smiling back. Mingi sighed and nodded at him. "Have a nice day!" He yelled as he ran off grabbing his phone from his pocket. He called his chauffeur and waited in front of the main door.

His chauffeur came a few minutes later and he jumped into the car. "Don't tell anyone you picked me up here." Mingi said then leaned back in the seat as he looked out of the window suddenly noticing Areum in the park. "Stop stop!" He said making the chauffeur stop the car abruptly. He rolled the window down and looked at Areum. "Need a ride or a phone?" He asked looking at her

Areum noticed the sunset in the distance. It was getting a bit chilly as well. Her phone was also dead and her house was not walking distance at all. She saw Mingi in the car and walked over to him and grinned. "Mmm a ride, I don't want to freeze to death," she said with a chuckle. "My house is a bit farther away from here, is that okay?" she asked, the wind was blowing hard and she couldn't see without having strands of hair flying everywhere.

He chuckled and nodded. "Of course. I put you in this situation." He said. "Jump in." He said looking at her then rolled the window up. He removed his bag from the seat and placed it between his legs as he opened the door for her from the other side.

She got inside the car and sat down. Giving the driver her address and making sure he put it in correctly in his gps she leaned back and crossed her legs, placing her bag over her lap. After a few minutes, they arrived at the gated neighborhood she lived in and she turned to Mingi. "I can get off here, my house isn't too too far from here. Thanks and I also hate you at the same time for what happened today" she said with a chuckle. Opening the door, she left and greeted the security guard as he opened the gate for her.