Chapter Twenty-Four

Areum spent about ten minutes outside and came back inside. She walked through the crowds of people, occasionally greeting them and having small conversations. A few more steps and she accidentally bumped into Mingi. She cleared her throat, "Excuse me,'' she muttered and kept her head down as she continued to walk back to her table. Taking a seat, she glanced back at Mingi and Hana and she just looked away again.

Mingi looked back at the person and frowned his eyebrows then realized it was Areum. He looked at Hana and smiled. "When is this event ending?" He asked.

"I don't know... We can go home if you want." She said raising her eyebrows while smirking.

He frowned and shook his head. "What? Hana. Stop doing that." He said pulling his arm out of her grip.

An hour passed and the even was finally coming to an end. All the families and businessmen left, it was really only a couple families still there. Including the Kim's and the Song's. Her father just had the most intense eye contact with Mingis father and it was scaring her. Her mother cleared her throat and dragged her father out of the ballroom, the Jung's were following them from behind. They all went in their cars and Sungjoon said his farewells to Areum. He went in for a hug and she accepted it. Her parents shook hands with him and went into their car while Areum was waiting for her car since it was a little behind.

Mingi walked out with Hana and hugged her. She kissed his cheek and sighed. "My parents wants me home... See you tomorrow" she said waving at him as she headed to her parents' car. His parents went in a limousine and drove home as he waited for his chauffeur. He saw Areum waiting as well and tried to keep a distance since there were still people around. "You know..." He said Without looking at her as his hands were stuffed inside his pants pockets. "We still haven't exchanged numbers." He said

Areum nodded in realization that they haven't. She got what he was trying to do when not looking at her while talking. "Oh..you're right, hand me your phone then" she said also not looking at him. She coughed after to make it seem less suspicious. "Also, always wash your face after Hana kisses you...don't ask why just do as I say" she said quietly but at a volume that he could hear her.

He unlocked his phone and handed it to her as he passed by her and went to the trash bin to throw some tissues out that he didn't even use. He waited for her to type her number and save it.

Areum took his phone and put in her number and name as 'Beautiful'. She went closer to him and looked around making sure no one was looking. She gave him his phone back and saw both of their cars ready. "I'll see you later, text me" she said facing him.

He looked at her confused and took his phone. "Later?" He asked frowning. "Did we arrange something? Like.. did we plan on meeting?" He asked then realized himself talking for too long. "I'll call you." He said going to his car. He sat inside and grabbed his phone immediately calling her.

Areum got inside her car and not even a minute passed of driving she got a call from Mingi. She first put on her seat belt knowing her chauffeur is going to lecture her on safe driving. Then a few seconds later she picked up the phone. "Mmm yes?" she said looking outside.

"Beautiful huh?" He said laughing. "So what will I be saved as? Beast?" He laughed. "Anyways what did you mean by 'see you later'? Did we plan anything?" He asked.

Areum rolled her eyes and giggled at his corny joke. "No, you'll be saved as...'father of my children'" she said jokingly. She tried to keep her voice down a bit knowing her chauffeur could hear her. "I meant that as in i'll see you after tomorrow at school stupid, unless you wanted to plan something" she said looking down at her nails.

He frowned at her first comment and shook his head. "I didn't have anything planned. See you tomorrow, beautiful." He said hanging up afterwards. He placed his phone down next to him and closed his eyes to relax.