sixteen - e pluribus unum

"I don't understand" Robin started," You've seen this before?"

"Not exactly" Steve, Imogen and Dustin said together, making Robin cock an eyebrow," Then what, exactly?"

"All you need to know is it's bad"

"It's really bad"

"It's very bad" Imogen corrected

"Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad" Dusted stated grimly

"And you know about this how?" Robin raised her voice looking at the three

"Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?" Erica tilted her head making the attention turn to her. They all turned back to the empty floor as their eyes widened, and on cue, the alarm blared. Steve cursed running to the door," Shit" His hands hit the door, as he opened it peeking out.

The guard Steve knocked out was holding his head talking to the soldiers surrounding him. They all turned to the door, seeing Steve making him slam the door shut," Shit"

He turned to the stairs and pointed," Go, go, go, go, go!!"

"Shit/Fuck," The Henderson siblings said at the same time as they all ran up the stairs. Robin opened the door as it slammed opened alerting all the scientist before them. They all stood in place staring at each other for a moment.

"Go! Shit!, Shit, shit, shit!" Steve pushed them forward, his hands lacing with Imogen's dragging her since she was falling back. Dustin led them to the flight of stairs making them all run down. A man in a hazmat suit was in the way, but Dustin shoved him screaming, making a path for them as they followed.

They all stopped at the dead end, their path blocked by the machine's laser that was trying to force open The Gate," Holy shit! Holy shit!! Holy Shit!" Dustin screamed as he gasped for air.

Imogen looked up to see the guards running down the stairs, and her eyes fell to a free set of stairs," This way!!!" She shouted as they all followed her, with her dragging Steve since their hands were still interlaced. The couple shoved a man in a hazmat suit in their way, both scrambling down the stairs.

"The barrels!" Imogen shouted seeing the guards coming from a hall to their right. Steve nodded pushing it making it fall on incoming Soldiers.

" Come on!! Go, go, go, go!!" Steve shouted to the others making the pass first. He grabbed Imogen's hand again, running with her, as Robin held open the door," This way!!"

"Come on, quick!!" Robin push the younger ones ahead as Imogen and Steve shut the door holding it with their bodies," Robin!" Imogen shouted

"Robin help!" Steve yelled she turned back running to the door with them.

"Over here!" Erica yelled, Come on, let's go!"

"Come on!" Dustin looked at the three

"No!" Imogen shook her head," Duffin go!"