What do we do now?

Merlok was now afraid for Clay. Jester told them how he felt about them lying to him and he knew that he was right. Clay deserved the truth but he just didn't know how to tell him. Now, Clay ran off in fear off him and the knights.

"What now? Clay's gone and we have no idea where he went," Macy said clearly worried. "NEXO Knights, you must find Clay and bring him back here. I fear his mother may be able to find him and use him. With Clay's fear running high, there's no doubt in my mind that Ruina will find him."

"Clay is only six, how far could he go?" Lance asked Merlok. "Clay's magic is far more powerful then I realized. With it, he may even be able to bring Monstrox back to life. He could be anywhere with a teleportation spell. From what Aaron said when he watched him, Clay knows teleportation spells. So, he could be anywhere he's been."

"So, he's either at his old house, his old hiding spot, the beach, Dnullib, or the park,  and that's just a list of places we've taken him to, who knows what his mother did before she turned to stone or the places he went to in the year before we found him," Macy listed. "Then we split up. Everyone checks somewhere in Knighton for Clay. I'll take the Dark Forest with his old home, Macy, you check Dnullib, Axl, you check the beach, Lance, check out the park, Robin, Ava, you guys use the Fortrex and drive around searching for Clay or anyone who finds him. Merlok, can you track him by his magic?"

"I will most certainly try. Family members can find each other with a simple spell, just need to find the right one."

"Awesome, the rest of us need to get into our vehicles and find Clay before Ruina Stoneheart does, or anyone else that might hurt him," Aaron ordered. "I'll contact Jestro, the more people we have searching for Clay the better," Robin told him. "Excellent, let's head out!"

Clay kept running as far as he could until he stopped by a lake. He looked out and recognized that this was the same lake he found we he first woke up. He was now confused and afraid. He wanted his mom. He wanted things to go back to the way they were before he turned to stone. He wanted to go home. His real home is in the forest with no one around.

He soon teleported to his home, inside his old bedroom. He looked around briefly, then jumped on his dirty bed and started to cry into his eagle toy. "What are we going to do now?" He asked his friend. There was no reply. He sniffled a bit then said, "Hello, are you okay? Did I hug you too hard?" Nothing again, the stuffed animal was just as quiet as it usually was.

'What happened? He talked for a while and now he's quiet.'

"Did I do something bad? Did I hurt your feelings?" He asked but again, the eagle was as quiet as a mouse.

Unbeknownst to Clay, a figure was watching him from a short distance from his house. "Perfect, no knights, no mother, and no uncle. All alone and perfect for the taking, now for the disguise." Using Jestro's hat that he stole, he put it on and was instantly transformed into Jestro.

"Perfect, not only do I look like Jestro, but I sound like him too. Now to get my prize." He went to the door and started to call for Clay.

Upstairs, Clay was doing everything he could to get his eagle friend to talk again but nothing worked. 

"Clay? Are you here? It's me, Jestro!" Clay perked up at Jestro's voice. "Jestro?" Clay set down his eagle and walked out of his room to see what Jestro wanted. "Clay, there you are, I've been looking everywhere for you!" Jestro said worriedly. 

Clay backed away nervously knowing that Jestro was friends with the Knights and the mean wizard. "No! You're going to take me back to the Knights and that mean wizard. He turned my mommy and me to stone and he's going to do it again!"

Quickly, Jestro shook his head and went down to his knees, "Clay, I'm not here to take you back to the knights."

Clay looked at him with hope in his eyes and said, "You're not?" Jestro, once again, shook his head, "No. I'm here to get you away from them. They're after me too. After turning evil a second time, they're not taking any chances. They want to turn me to stone too. I knew I had to find you and keep you safe."

Clay looked at Jestro hopefully then said, "Really?" Jestro nodded. "Yes, now let's go!" Clay thought to himself for a moment then he smiled. "Okay, let's go."

Jestro had joined Aaron since he had a feeling that Clay would trust Jestro a bit more than the knights at the moment. The two were flying on Aaron's shield through the Dark Forest. "So, Clay ran away after seeing you guys talk with Merlok?" Jestro asked wanting to confirm everything Aaron told him. 

"Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. We're trying to get him back and explain everything to the best of our ability. I thought that you would be the best person to talk to Clay and get him to come back with us," Aaron explained. "Got it. I'll do my best to talk to Clay."

The two soon arrived at Clay's old home and were shocked at the sight. It was Jestro holding Clay's hand walking out of his old home. "Whoa. Trippy."

"That's not me! I'm right here with you!" Aaron quickly shushed Jestro as the two hid behind a tree. "Think it's Ruina Stoneheart?" Aaron shook his head. "No, she would show herself to Clay. She wouldn't disguise herself."

"Okay, so who is that?" Jestro asked now worried for Clay's safety. "I don't know but we can't let him take Clay." Determined to save Clay, Aaron rushed towards the fake Jestro and Clay.

With Clay

As Clay was walking about with Jestro he was starting to have some doubts. If the knights really wanted to hurt him then they would have done it earlier. That wizard was talking with them. He doesn't remember what they were talking about but after staying with them for a while, he never felt threaten by them. 

"Jestro, maybe we should go back to the Knights." Jestro didn't say anything so Clay again said, "Jestro, I want to go back to the NEXO Knights." Again, Jestro was silent.

"CLAY!!" Aaron came flying in with... "Jestro?!" Clay looked back and forth between the two Jestro's very confused.

"Hey, you took my hat!" The Jestro with Aaron told him clearly upset. 

The Fake Jestro sighed. "Figures I get caught. Heh, was hoping it would be after I took the boy." Realizing that he was in danger Clay tried to get out of the Fake Jestro's grip but it was too tight. "LET ME GO!!"

"Give us Clay, now," Aaron demanded as he took out his weapon ready to fight the Fake Jestro. The Fake Jestro gave them an evil smile. "Oh, trust me, green NEXO Knight. I'll give him back, once I'm done with him. Bye for now!" A bright light shined blinding both Aaron and the Real Jestro covered their eyes and when they opened them both the Fake Jestro and Clay were gone.

"What do we do now?" Jestro asked worried for Clay's safety. "I... I don't know."

Sorry for taking so long. School has been really crazy since I recently changed my major to Math/Science Education so things have been a bit crazy. Anyway, I'll see Y'all next time. Bye!