10 | Benny Rodriguez

| IMAGINE |

| IMAGINE |

Benny when he missed his chance to ask you out before summer ended:

___

"y/n?" Benny called your name before you could leave the sandlot. "Can I ask you somethin'?"

"Benny, you're gonna ask anyways." you laughed.

He laughed before becoming tense, scratching the back of his neck as he began speaking, "I was wondering..."

"Benny, you can talk to me." you encouraged.

"Summers almost over and... I was just wondering if you, you know... if you wanted to-"

"I'm really sorry Benny, but I've gotta go. Phillips is waiting for me." you interrupted whilst looking down at your watch.

"Phillips?" he questioned with a scroll as if you betrayed him.

"Yeah. Didn't I tell you? He's taking me out to the diner tonight."

"Why would you go with him?"

You shrugged. "He seems nice."

Benny groaned, placing his hands on your shoulders whilst saying, "He's not a nice guy, y/n."

"He hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise." you defended, pushing his hands off your shoulders. "Besides, I don't see how me going on a date with him affects you."

Benny opened his mouth to responses however quickly pressed his lips into a line, thinking otherwise.

Before things could get worse, you excuse yourself. "I've gotta run. I'll see you tomorrow, alright? Eight O,clock." you said whilst walking backwards, shooting Benny a small smile before running off.

Benny watched as you left him, shaking his head. He was more disappointed in himself then in you.

"Bad luck, Benny man." said Kenny.

"Yeah-yeah, don't sweat it. She'll realise he ain't nothing but a jerk." Yeah-yeah said in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"I told you Benny, I told you," Ham began, placing a hand on Benny's shoulder. "You missed your shot."