Chapter 12

(Adrien's POV)
"By the way, wanna come over to my place and play video games?" Marinette asks.

My cheeks become a bit rosy as I remember the last time we played games together. It was fun until an akuma showed up.

"Sure," I answer, "I might need to ask my father first, though. I don't want to be out for too long without him knowing"

He'll probably give me an extreme beating if he found out I left the house without his permission. Luckily, Nathalie and Gorilla aren't at the mansion right now so they wouldn't have noticed I was gone.

Marinette nods and we run to my mansion.

~

"Wait out here," I tell her and go inside the house.

I walk over to Father's office, but stop when I hear him talking to someone. Curiously, I open the door slightly and peek inside. He was turned around. He was talking to what looked like a... Butterfly kwami?

Wait. Butterfly? No way... Was my nightmare true? Is Father really Hawkmoth?

I rub my eyes before looking again. Looks like my eyes were correct. There is a butterfly kwami floating in front of my father. But how?

Father is about to turn around so I quickly and quietly close the door.

Plagg flies out of my jacket.

"Plagg, did you see that?" I whisper, "My father has the butterfly kwami"

Plagg nods, "I saw"

I hear a weird sound from inside the room. I open the door a little bit and peek back inside, only to find that my father and the butterfly kwami have disappeared.

I close the door and run to the front door. It's official: my father is Hawkmoth. My father is my enemy. My father is the one who put Ladybug's and my life in danger. Why does he keep terrorizing Paris? What does he even plan to do?

I stop in front of Marinette.

"So? How'd it go?" She asks.

I sigh, "Let's go play video games"

I look at her, "Can I have another hug?"

She smiles, "Of course," and spreads her arms out.

I close the hug, wrapping my arms around her waist as her arms go around my neck.

Looks like I better keep an eye out for another akuma to interrupt our gaming session again. The only good thing about akuma battles is that I get to see Ladybug. But the thing is, she knows my identity now. I really want to know her identity, but I know I shouldn't force her to reveal. I'll let her reveal when she's ready.

It doesn't matter who's under that mask of hers. I'll love her no matter what. Even if she hurts and rejects me constantly or even if she loves another boy, I still love her with all my heart.

(Marinette's POV)
"Yes! I win again!" I exclaim, throwing my hands up.

"You're too good at this game," Adrien laughs.

We look at each other, making eye contact and smiling.

"I see you two are acting lovey-dovey again," Plagg says.

My face turns red and I look down.

"W-we're just... Friends," Adrien says, stuttering.

"Y-yeah," I say nervously, "Just friends"

Just then, we hear a loud crash outside, followed by screaming citizens and cars beeping.

"Sounds like an akuma attack," Adrien says, standing up, "Plagg, claws out!"

Adrien transforms into Chat Noir and heads to the window.

"Stay here, Marinette," he says before jumping outside to fight the akuma.

"Marinette! We have to help!" Tikki exclaims.

"Yeah. Tikki, spots on!"

~After the battle because I, once again, am a terrible, lazy writer who dislikes writing fight scenes and sucks at writing them, too~

"Miraculous Ladybug!"

I throw my Lucky Charm into the air and fix all the damage the akuma caused.

"Well, good to fight alongside you again, Chat," I say and grab my yo-yo, "I better take my leave"

"Wait," Chat Noir grabs my wrist, causing me to blush as our eyes meet, "Thank you for saving me"

I smile, "Just don't do that again, alright?"

Chat Noir returns the smile, "Cat's honor"

"I better get going. Until next time"

I swing my yo-yo and take off, heading back to my room.

I'm not gonna reveal yet. I'm scared to know how Adrien would react to my true identity. Besides, he only sees me as a friend. What if he falls out of love?