Chapter 15

(Marinette's POV)
"Hey, have you seen Adrien?" I ask Nino.

It's lunchtime right now. Normally he would be sitting with Nino. And I know for sure he's here today.

Nino shrugs, "Did you check a practice room?"

"Oh not yet, thanks!"

I run out of the cafeteria, heading towards the practice rooms.

~

I peek inside a practice room to see Adrien playing piano. He was playing Chopin Prelude in E minor Op. 28 No. 4. His eyes were closed and he was focused on his playing. I close my eyes and listen to the piece. This is such a sad, yet beautiful piece. Perfectly captures a person's sorrow.

I hear him nearing the end of the piece. He plays the last chord, allowing it to echo through the practice room.

I open my eyes and peek inside, watching him slowly take his hands off the piano. I lightly tap on the window and his lips form a small smile when he sees me. He lets me inside the practice room and we sit down next to each other in front of the piano.

"That was beautiful," I tell him.

He thanks me and looks down.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "I've just been feeling pretty down lately"

"Also," he makes eye contact with me and scoots closer, making me blush.

"Once again, thank you for all that you've done for me. I'll always be grateful to have you by my side," he says.

I smile, "No worries"

We sat there, looking into each others eyes and smiling.

"Alright, lovebirds. Better head back to class or you'll be late again," Plagg says, startling both of us.

I scoot away from him and stand up, "Y-yeah. Let's... Head back to class"

~

"So, how far is everyone on their projects?" Madame asks.

Adrien turns around and looks at me, eyes wide.

"Shoot," he whispers, "We still need to finish ours"

I nod, "Today after school?"

He nods and turns back around.

Alya elbows me, "You two make the perfect couple"

I blush and look down.

~After School~

"Marinette!" Adrien's voice yells from behind me.

I turn around to face him.

"Let's finish working on the project," he says, "We can go to my place again. My father is gonna be out for the whole day. Plus he didn't seem to have a problem with you"

"And maybe we can play another duet when we finish?" He shrugs, "We only have a little bit left to do"

I nod, "Sure!"

~

We finished the project within an hour. Once we were done, we sit down at the piano.

"Any pieces in mind?" I ask. Since I've already chosen the piece twice, I've decided to let Adrien choose it this time.

"Do you know Debussy Petite Suite?"

I nod, excited, "I love that piece!"

"I know right? It's such a charming piece!" Adrien jumps from excitement.

We both giggle from our mutual sparks of excitement.

"Either kiss or play the damn piece already," Plagg says, shoving cheese into his mouth.

My face heats up.

"Okay, let's play," Adrien says.

We place our hands on the piano and begin the piece.

"That was fun," Adrien says when we finish, "Thanks for playing with me again"

"Yeah, it's fun playing with you," I say.

I look at the time, "I think I should head back home"

Adrien nods and walks me out of his room. He walks me down the stairs. As soon as we reach the bottom, we freeze when we hear a glass bottle shatter.