Chapter 12-Percy

The contest was being judged on the beach, and I felt pretty confident that we would win. I mean, who doesn't love cookies, right?

We had a giant platter out and as people came trickling in, we all set a cookie on the tray.

When I looked to the girl's side, I was surprised to see a gigantic cake. It looked like each girl made a thin layer, then somehow held it together, probably with Annabeth's architecture or something.

I had gotten there early, so I waited with Annabeth for the contest to start.

"So, Seaweed Brain, blue cookies?" She smirked. "I take it that was your idea."

I grin. "Of course. Nothing can beat blue cookies. So prepare to lose!"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Yeah right. maybe if your mom was the one making them. With a bunch of teenage boys, I doubt most of them are even edible."

"Whatever."

Chiron and Mr. D, who I haven't really seen much of recently, come up to the beach.

Mr. D raised his eyebrows when he saw the cake with at least 50 layers. Thin ones, yes, but it was still tall. Chiron didn't really look surprised.

"Today we are judging the first annual boys vs girls baking contest!" Chiron said. Everyone cheered.

While Chiron went to the pile of blue cookies, Mr. D went to the girls' very tall cake. Chiron picked up a cookie and Mr. D lifted his fork hesitantly. He obviously didn't want to be here, and he definitely thought everyone here is bad at cooking.

Chiron and Mr. D both took bites of their food at the same time. Mr. D shrugged, looking mildly impressed. Chiron also looked impressed, but not as much. They switched and Chiron had the girls' cake while Mr. D had a cookie. Mr. D made a weird face and it seems like he apparently got a bad cookie. Chiron, on the other hand looked amazed and it seemed clear who the winners were going to be.

Chiron and Mr. D went out of earshot to talk it over. All the campers waited tensely for their decision to be made.

They returned to announce the winner.

"And the winner is..." Chiron said, pausing for effect. "The girls!"

The girls all cheered and celebrated amongst themselves. When they finished, Annabeth came back over to me. "So, what were you saying about blue cookies beating everything?" She teased.

"Oh shut up," I replied, grinning.

A/N- Ugh I'm not really happy with this chapter. I had horrible writer's block and it took me forever! And I don't really like the ending...oh well.