11 - Warmth

The comfortable silence was interrupted with a buzz from Jorge's phone.

The boys, who had decided to spend a little while longer in the pool room, had been laying on the ground of the middle of the pool as they stared up at the ceiling and occasionally exchanged long kisses. Jorge didn't want to get up to check his phone, but as the worry that it was someone like Syd or Gracie overwhelmed him, he groaned and shifted up into a criss-cross position to check it the notification.

Baby💍:

Why the fuck are you not at school? You
haven't been answering my calls and
I went to check if you were ok. Surprise
surprise, you're not there. Answer me.
Now.

Benji's soft presence leaned against Jorge's back, his head resting on the crook of Jorge's shoulder as he glanced at Kaden's text and watched Jorge respond.

Me:

I'm taking a mental health day. I'll be back

soon. Please don't worry about me. I'm perfectly ok.

Jorge sent it quickly, then went into Kaden's contact to change his name. Benji sighed as he leaned off of Jorge, drawing Jorge to turn and meet his saddened gaze with a questioning one.

"What's wrong?" Jorge softly asked, clicking off his phone and scooting closer to him.

Benji's gaze softened. "Just for a moment," he sighed. "Just for a moment, I forgot you were with him." Jorge squeezed his palms together, chuckling sadly.

"Me too," Jorge whispered, his eyes cascading down to the floor as sadness washed over him. 

Shit. Kaden would never allow Jorge to break up with him. Last time he had tried that, they had ended up getting into a huge and unnecessary fight that ended with Jorge going back on his wishes just to de-escalate the situation. If he hadn't, well...

His phone buzzed again.

Kaden:

Come home. We need to talk.

Instantly, Jorge's heart began to beat faster. Although he knew that there was no way Kaden would've found out about Jorge and Benji's kiss, the mere thought of him with that kind of knowledge sent shudders down his spine.

What would he do? He'd... No. He wouldn't kill someone, right? He wouldn't kill Benji, then him.

Me:

Like I said... I'm taking a mental health day.
I'll be home by 
tonight. We can talk then.

Jorge felt confident when he was next to Benji, but he knew that his newfound confidence was going to come back to bite him in the ass very soon when he went home that night. With an inwards groan, he shut off his phone completely and shoved it underneath his thigh.

Benji's eyes lingered on the younger's face, studying his eyes, his lips. There wasn't anything that Benji could point out that was less than perfect on this boy, except for the fat, ugly leech that stuck to his side and went by the name of Kaden.

With a smile, Benji pulled Jorge close again and placed a soft kiss on his lips. This kiss was different than the others - it wasn't rushed, or desperate, like it had been when they had both realized the extent of their feelings. No. This time, it was beautiful and serene, and it pulled Jorge in like an addiction.

Benji pulled away after a few seconds, his hands still wrapped around Jorge's neck, warming it.

"Can I ask you something?" Benji whispered. Jorge nodded, his eyelashes fluttering as Benji's hot breath fell upon his swollen lips. "The day I found you... you had this bruise on your neck." It was quiet again as Benji's fingers just barely traced the fading bruise around Jorge's neck, one hand playing with his hair as he did so. "How'd you get it?"

Jorge stayed silent, letting Benji trace the bruise and shamelessly enjoying the feeling of his hair being played with. He reached out to grasp a handful of Benji's shirt, steadying himself. "Can we not talk about this right now?"

Benji sighed. "We have a lot to talk about, Jorge."

"Let's... let's enjoy this, just for a moment," Jorge whispered, his eyes closed tightly as he leaned into Benji and basked in his warmth. He'd never felt like this with Kaden before. Not even in the beginning.

"Ok," Benji breathed, holding Jorge tightly to his chest as he focused on the smaller's heartbeat. The comfort that the pair brought each other was unbelievable - it was as if a strain on the boys had equally lifted during that first few seconds of the first kiss. 

...

issa dOuBlE uPdAtE
(kinda a filler chapter, kinda a
short chapter, kinda a hella
cute chapter dont judge)