12 - Five More Minutes?

Benji woke up to the strangely comforting warmth that cuddled deeply into his chest. After a few moments of shaking off the tug of wanting to fall asleep again, he realized that the warmth was Jorge, who had fallen asleep curled up against him in a tight ball. He clung to Benji's jacket with a small fist, making him smile softly as he felt a sudden sense of satisfaction when he realized that he was there, with Jorge. They had kissed. They had fallen asleep together. 

And it felt... right. Everything did when they were together. It just flowed.

In reality, there was a lot of shit to sort out. For starters, Jorge was in a serious relationship with an overprotective (and, in Benji's opinion, jackass) boyfriend. There was also the fact that Benji wasn't gay - well, he didn't think he was. He'd never been attracted to any boy except for Jorge, and he needed to figure out why it was like that. Benji also had to worry about the fact that Jorge was still in danger of the bullies at the high school, especially now that they had been stood up against by Benji. 

Sure, there was a lot of shit to sort out, but... five more minutes of Jorge sleeping in Benji's arms couldn't hurt.

Unfortunately, Benji didn't get his wish. Jorge's body began to shift slowly, tiredly, his sleepy eyes fluttering open in confusion as his pupils danced around his surroundings, taking it all in. Eventually they landed on Benji who stared back with an indistinguishable look on his face. 

Like most of the moments they shared, it was very quiet. Benji's warm hands went up to softly ruffle Jorge's hair in a strangely melancholy way, kissing his forehead softly as he did so; Jorge's lips tugged into a small frown as he checked the watch on Benji's wrist. 1:43 PM. Jorge would, arguably, have to be back to Kaden by nine.

"We should go," Benji whispered, yet neither of them budged from their comfortable positions. Benji wasn't ready to give up Jorge's warmth, and Jorge wasn't ready to leave the protective arms that wrapped around him. 

"Five more minutes?" Jorge mumbled as his nose dug deeper into Benji's chest, breathing in his scent deeply so he wouldn't forget it. 

"Five more minutes," Benji agreed, holding the smaller boy tighter.

...

To say the least, the day was perfect.

The pair stayed out of sight, adventuring to different places that didn't have many people wandering around. Neither of them wanted to risk the chances of being seen, especially by their friends... or worse, their enemies. In fact, the day was so good, neither of them really wanted to go their separate ways by the time Benji brought Jorge back home in his red pickup-truck.

As much as they enjoyed it, though, they each had their separate things to figure out on their own. Jorge had to figure out what to do with Kaden, while on the other hand, Benji had to decipher and process all the new feelings he had just been bombarded with.

Slowly, unwantingly, Jorge slipped out of the car with a quiet goodbye; scared of what Kaden might do if he saw him with Benji. God forbid he give him a good-bye kiss, as much as he wanted too. 

A cold sweat suddenly erupted over Jorge's spine when Benji drove away, traveling from the top of his neck to the low of his back. The weight of the situation finally began to dawn on him as he made his way up the stairway, each step becoming heavier and heavier until he finally reached the creme-colored front door.

Room 801. When Jorge had first moved in with Kaden, they had pawned for hours over the apartment number, simply because it was the last few digits of Kaden's old phone number. It reminded both the boys of how they'd first began flirting - when Kaden wrote his number down on a Starbucks receipt for a beautiful boy who had ordered breakfast at the cafe. They had only gone from there, and look were they were now - moving in together, in Canada! Jorge was so happy back then: but now when he looked back at it, it was stupid. It depressed him. He missed the simpler times with Kaden - like when they talked about the room number - as rare as they were, to the point where he wondered if he'd ever make new memories like that again. 

But with Benji? There were nothing but good memories and new experiences. After getting a taste of what Benji was like, Kaden paled in comparison. 

Blue keys jingling, Jorge's hands shook as he opened the door as quietly as he could. Their run-in was inevitable, though, because Kaden was already waiting for him on a bar stool at their granite countertop with half-empty beer in his hands. 

"Good," he mumbled, turning his head in the direction of Jorge to study him. "You're home." He stared at Jorge for a minute before he continued. 

"Let's talk, shall we?" 

---

im mad at myself - furious, really - for expecting any different
from that asshole of a boy who keeps on taking advantage
of me. im fed up with it, but for some reason, every time i get
a notification from him my heart skips a beat and i stupidly 
answer him. every. single. time.
i hate him, i hate this situation he's put me in.

but that how life be sometimes✌️

sorry for the short and poorly-written chapter. it's 2 AM and I 
can't sleep, once again. i just wanted to get a chapter out for
you lovelies, because, well... over 1.6K reads and 100+ hearts?
;-; i can't thank each and every one of you enough. 

also i read all of your comments and i try to respond to some,
so please do try to leave some feedback!! it's always greatly appreciated.

as always, love you xx