19 - I'll Stay

Instead of being at the hospital, where the boy who needed him most laid unconscious, Benji found himself kneeling inside of Kaden's apartment. He'd come with the intentions of packing up whatever seemed like Jorge's and bringing them back to the hospital, and as soon as he'd gone to leave, he couldn't stop staring at the blood that now permanently stained the carpet. The smell of bleach was evident - someone had tried to clean it off, but had undoubtedly failed. Oddly enough, the glass was cleaned up and the lamp had been replaced. The empty cans of beer that had littered the counter had been cleaned and the garbage had been taken out.

It was as if nothing had happened.

Benji had been sent by Syd to collect anything that seemed like Jorge's. They both had come to the silent agreement of the fact that Jorge could no longer stay with his crazed boyfriend, so, after some arguing, they had come to the conclusion that Jorge would stay at Benji's until he found a permanent place to stay.

"What the fuck are you doing in my apartment?"

It's a gravelly voice that's heard by the fuming boy, but he recognizes it immediately.  Benji slowly gets to his feet to meet him as he storms into the room.

"I'm here because of Jorge," Benji calmly said. Kaden's eyebrows shot up in feigned surprise.

"Where is he? Is he ok? I think he fell on a lamp last night when I wasn't home - there was glass all over, and-" Kaden began, but Benji cut him off with a scoff.

"Cut the bullshit. I know what you did."

Kaden's heavily emotional eyes suddenly dulled, his posture molding from fake worry to an emotionless one.

"What the fuck are you here for, then?"

Benji's fists tighten as he resisted the urge to punch the monster in front of him. "I'm here to get his stuff." Kaden's eyes flicker to the suitcases that are packed to the brim beside him.

"He's not leaving."

"That's not your choice."

Kaden's hands reached forward to yank back the suitcases, but Benji slapped them away.

"It's not your choice," Benji repeated more harshly, but he's cut off with a punch. He stumbled back, jaw in hand and lips bleeding.

Without missing a beat, they lunge at each other.

They exchange punch after punch, shouting profanities and grunting as they throw each other against the walls and counters (even the fridge door), desperately trying to one up their opponents. Benji's rage is what keeps him going until he finally gets the upper hand with a punch to Kaden's gut.

As he writhed on the floor, Benji slowly backed up from the boy and grabbed the suitcases.

"Don't come looking for him," he threatened, "because I won't be so nice, next time."

"Fuck you," Kaden spit, crawling up from the floor. "He won't love you. All he does is take advantage. All he ever did was take advantage for what I gave him. And what did I get in return? Nothing! Benjamin, you-"

"It's Benji," Benji hissed, shoving off the boy who had clutched his arm. "And I don't need shit in return for being a good person. Something you'll never know."

And with that, he slammed the door in hopes he'd never see the disgusting leech again.  

...

By the time Benji got back to the hospital, Syd had left. The sun was setting, and through the blinds that hung loosely off their hinges, sunlight began to cascade down upon Jorge's peaceful slumbering face.

Benji's hands had a mind of their own as they began to softly comb through Jorge's hair, and the serene moment knocked the breath out of the older.

Pink lips, but parted slightly. Long eyelashes, but strewn closed with the tug of sleep. Fluffy black hair, but changed to a deep brown with the setting sun.

Benji loved Jorge.

The sudden realization brought Benji to draw his hand back in shock. Fuck. He'd never loved anyone.

It scared him, but he knew.

Slowly, carefully, Benji leaned down to kiss him on the forehead.

"I'll stay, Jorge. I promise you... I'll stay." 

...

i'm not going to make
excuses for being late on my
updates, but...

guess who just got stood up?💁🤪
this person RIGHT HERE!🤡
i dont usually use emoji's but i just
wanted to display the level of
CLOWNERY i've had to deal with😒

this chapter=ew
i been feeling a lil down lately
and fell out of my writing habits,
but ima keep on trying to make this
story as enjoyable as possible :)
sorry for the short chapter,
it'll be longer next time :(

as always, love you xx