23 - New Memories

PART TWO

Their two weeks of solitude came faster than planned.

Before they knew it, the boys were in Benji's red truck, luggage packed to the brim and crammed into the back as they mindlessly tapped their feet to the beat of the bass, listening as it resonated throughout the car's small interior. Benji's head rested against the back of his seat as he drove, occasionally looking over to appreciate the calm look on Jorge's face as he rested his chin against the perch of the open windshield. The wind whipped across his face, fluttering his eyelashes and ruffling his hair. He probably had fallen asleep watching the sunset. 

He loved him. God, he didn't just love him - he was in love with him. Benji fought temptation to tap him on the shoulder and tell him right there and then.

"Will we be there soon?" Jorge asked. Benji nodded.

"Fifteen minutes. Maybe less."

The pair had been driving for what seemed like an eternity, but in all honesty, they didn't mind too much. They had danced to the radio the first hour or so, eaten dinner at a secluded cafe, driven through a few old towns with pretty views, and met some enthusiastic souls at the gas station they had stopped at. After five hours, it was safe to say that the couple was drained of their energy - but, nevertheless, they were almost there.

When they pulled into a small parking lot, Jorge's tired eyes shot open to take in the view. There wasn't much to see - all that could be seen was the green shrubbery and the blanketing darkness of the tall oak trees. Benji hopped out of the truck to drag out their suitcases, chuckling at Jorge's tired eyes as he sluggishly made his way to the back of the car and threw on his backpack.

"Trust me, Jey, it was worth the drive."

Benji's encouraging words lifted his spirit a bit as he trailed behind the older boy's feet. The concrete underneath their shoes crunched with dew as the rolling of their suitcases filled the evening air. Just as Jorge was about to ask where they were, a small wooden house came into view, causing Jorge's head to perk up.

"Where are we?"

Benji paused for a second, forcing the pair to dwell in front of the homey-looking cottage and stare. "When I was little, I used to come here a lot with my dad. We'd go fishing, and hiking, and we'd spend weekends away from society. You know, that typical father-son bonding shit. It was good in the beginning, but then he fell off the wagon."

Jorge's hand crept up to lay a warm hand on Benji's shoulder, slowly enveloping him in a hug. "Why'd you bring me here, Banjo?"

"Because I want to make new memories here. Different memories. Is that ok?"

With a small nod, Jorge shifted his weight off of the older boy and began walking towards the door. Benji followed close behind him, averting his eyes from the small house and training them on the spanish boy in front of him.

Benji sighed as his gaze trailed across the grinning boy's face. I wonder if he loves me too. 

...

thanks for being patient, guys.
i had to take a lil bit of a break,
but ill try to update as much as i can.
i know this is random, but since im not
exactly out to - anyone - yet, i thought that
this would be a good place to share the story.
there was this upperclassmen girl who
spoke in front of one of
my classes today.  i couldn't help
but check her out ;-; she was REALLY cute,
dont judge me. well, she caught
my eye and being the shy person i am
i looked away and started blushing a lot
and when i looked back she was SMILING
AT ME WITH A LOOK ON HER FACE.
AND DIDN'T STOP. SHE KEPT ON 
CATCHING MY EYE AND SMILING
WHEN I BLUSHED AND LOOKED AWAY.

long story short, i think she knew i

was super attracted to heri cant stop thinking abt her now ;,)

ANYWAYS ENOUGH ABOUT ME. NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER, AND BETTER QUALITY. THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 10k AND THE LOVE AND SUPPORT I GET ON EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY CHAPTERS, NO MATTER HOW BAD THEY ARE.
i love you. xx