22 - Gently

PART ONE

"Jorge."

"Yes, Benji?"

"Let's run away together."

His words, as softly spoken as they were, stunned Jorge. Nothing was said for a while: the only noise in the room consisted of the small breaths they each took, inhaling each other's scents as they laid tangled in the blue bed sheets. Jorge traced small patterns on Benji's chest: first, a heart, then a smiley face, and lastly, a home. He let his palm rest on top of Benji's heart when he finished his final drawing. Benji's hands stayed tangled in Jorge's hair, his head tucked down into the black locks as he softly played with the hair.

Finally, Jorge broke the silence. "When I was a kid, I dreamt of running away."

"Why's that?" Benji's curious gruff morning voice fills the air around the couple, soothing Jorge as he sighed against his chest.

"Stupid things. My big brother used to be mean to me and I didn't want to do homework. I kept swearing to myself that I'd run away each time my parents yelled at me, but I was like, six, so... it never happened."

Benji nods his head faintly, closing his eyes once more to bask in the moment. Although they hadn't gotten too intimate, Jorge and Benji had spent most of the night making out and giving each other hickies, occasionally stopping to laugh or make fun of each other for their clumsiness.

It was oddly... gentle. Their relationship seemed like a gentle thing: not gentle, like glass, but rather gentle in ways that were shown through whispered words and affectionate touches.

"Where would we go?"

His accented voice drives Benji to force himself awake, shifting closer to him in yearning of the heat the younger emitted.

"Well..." Benji began, "we could go to the city. Or, we could find a good spot in the country, and drive out there. We could go wherever you want to go, Jeyjey: we could start over, become our own people. Become who we want to be." Jorge's hand left it's place on Benji's beating heart and trailed up to his neck, draping over it as he absorbed Benji's ideas.

"You're... serious?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

Jorge's hand tightened around Benji's neck, lightly rubbing it as he slipped into deep thought. "We're juniors. Getting good jobs are hard when you haven't graduated school: and without a job, how do you expect to pay to live somewhere?"

Benji's fingers came up to trace Jorge's bare skin as he spoke. "Not forever, then. We can go during spring break... two weeks of us, together, being able to be ourselves."

Jorge doesn't answer, but rather shifted from his spot underneath Benji's chin and scooted so that they laid evenly on the mattress, noses touching.

"You'd do that for me?" Jorge questioned.

Benji inched closer to Jorge's lips, brushing them together when he saw a tear fall from Jorge's eye. "I'd do it for us, Jorge. For us."

They seal their agreement with a kiss.

...

kinda a short chapter
kinda the most fluffy
chapter ive ever written
i really liked this chapter ngl