12| identity

Pisces had fallen into a state of pure panic, the one he called his own wasn't where anyone knew and neither was three other of the Zodiacs for that matter. Everyone had learned the news about Ophiuchus, but hadn't thought to tell Andromeda. Because of the new news, everyone ruled out kidnapping because who other than the snake charmer himself want to kidnap their good willed friends. Every one was in a daze, it was Aquarius, Taurus, Sagittarius and Cancer who weren't there with the other eight of the gang. A few of the eight were more anxious than others and the others were convinced that they were just wandering, they all were rather curious though. Just maybe that what happened to their friends wasn't something that  was just the course of life, making their adventurous spirit spark.

•••

"You know why you're here?" The voice rung through their ears, they had all recognized the voice but couldn't say for sure who's it was. Aquarius had fallen asleep, Sagittarius was scanning her environment, Taurus was working away at the bonds and Cancer was simply going along with whatever would eventually happen.

"Not a clue," Sagittarius responded nonchalantly 

"Wake up, brat." The figure cursed Aquarius, knocking her out of her  hazy trance "You're all here, because you were slowly catching on to my plan and who I am."

"Who are you then" Taurus inquired 

"You're all moderately smart, you can figure that out," the figure was fiddling with some item on his belt, unbeknownst to the Zodiacs "I have powers too, shapeshifting powers"

"You wouldn't..." Cancer muttered 

"Oh I would." The man unveiled his mask to reveal an exact replica of Cancer's doll like face

"You're going to kill us," Taurus asked "aren't you?"

"After immense pain and torture, figuring out your dimwitted friends through and through, yes I will"

"So we're not gonna escape?" With Sagittarius' words, tears silently fell from Cancers eyes, he winced 

"Most likely not" the man had his back to them, working on some sort of contraption 

"Can you at least tell us who you are?" Sagittarius continued her query 

"If I tell you, the chances of you escaping are reduced by half" 

"I'm willing to take that chance"

The man became a swirling mess before becoming his original entity, all the Zodiacs gasped in shock as he walked over to Sagittarius, stuck cloth in her mouth and slammed a scalding rod on her arm. As her muffled cries amplified, he dug deeper into her skin. The sweat forming on her forehead started to drench the cloth and her squirming loosened the binds on her wrists, the burn marks were appearing bolder and bolder the more she cried in agony. It was no mark in particular, he just wanted to make her feel pain and then; she broke free.

•••

"Cancer!" Virgo cried, throwing her arms around the boy who just waltzed into the room. She let herself cry into his shoulder and he held her equally as tight "I thought I lost you"

"Mate, where's Sagittarius and the rest?" Scorpio asked anxiously 

"They're just exploring around the castle, we have bigger problems" everyone had gathered around the short boy, his arm still snaked around Virgo's waist "I saw Ophiuchus"

"How do you know what he looks like?" Virgo demanded, suspiciously 

"He had the sign of Ophiuchus," Cancer hesitated "he threatened me too"

Virgo's face softened, worried.

"Can you find Aquarius for me?" Pisces perked up, excited 

"I couldn't find them," he explained "I swear I searched the whole place"

"I hope they show up soon..." Capricorn uttered anxiously, Virgo still elated to see Cancer back

"Hey guys," Aries interrupted Cap's moping "let's just be happy we got our favourite water sign back"

Pisces jokingly hit the black haired boy slightly and chuckled. They were all happy and celebrated by just being together, but what they should have been doing was working and that would go to show in the future.

•••

"Listen," Libra tugged Cancer's sleeve leading him behind the wall "I don't know who the fuck you are but let us have Cancer back and you can go on your merry own way- got it?"

"I am Cancer, Libra," He paused "just a little shaken up"

"You get one chance, I or anyone else catches you snooping around anywhere you're not supposed to be or acting weird; you're OUT" Libra raged, holding his collar and her nose almost scraping his "understood?" 

"Got it... I won't have anything to worry about" Cancer smiled and Libra just pushed him away and scoffed angrily. 

really short but im trying to draw the identity out for a while so next chapter is gonna be longer and more interesting