16| once more

Cepheus' hand ran across the ebony desk, the way he watched his daughter fall limp out of his arms hurt him as much as he hated to admit it. He never saw himself as a villain as a child, but after the death of his adopted son he couldn't help but go haywire. First with his wife, next with his daughter and many innocent citizens in between. He let out a breath he hadn't known he was holding and picked up the knife on his desk, swiftly stabbing it into the darkened wood. He huffed a sigh and muttered to himself;

'the Zodiacs die, tonight.'

•••

"We need to leave," Pisces bargained with Leo

"Where and how," Leo responded "I agree with you but how?"

"Leo raises a great point," Cancer added

"There's gotta be a crew," Aquarius supported her boyfriend "wait do the citizens know about Cepheus' deeds?"

"I don't think so..." Leo examined the crowd passing them 

"Does anyone else remember the people in the chambers?" Taurus asked, everyone remembered suddenly.

Maybe Cepheus wasn't their biggest threat.

•••

The Zodiacs were off on their own thoughts, walking around the castles asking anyone that would listen if there was a  way out  and certainly there was but none of them were particularly skilled in flying ships so they continued to try and find the ships deck, crossing bridges when they got to them. 

Scorpio was holding onto Sagittarius' hand when he noticed her hair.

"Sagi, look!" he exclaimed, infatuated with the once chestnut brown strands of hair fusing into a rich honey colour and then morphing into a delicate dusty pink.

She, along with everyone else was left in shock. 

"You guys remember when our guides told us we had undetected powers?" Taurus asked "What if Sagittarius can shape shift?" 

"Just like Cepheus that rat bastard," Virgo huffed

"Calm down, Virg," Leo pressed a hand on her back before walking ahead of her with Libra "test it out, Sag."

Sagittarius cringed her nose and everyone watched in awe as she took the form of Cepheus

"Cool." She said in his husky voice before morphing back into herself, they continued to walk to the docks as everyone prompted the now blue haired girl to morph into different forms. 

•••

They had finally reached the ships deck, and they had come across their first bridge; stealing a ship. It would be all too easy to just take a ship and run with it but  they saw pilots swiping a card, waltzing out and leaving like that. 

"Okay so we can either, a) break the door or b) steal a card" Scorpio explained

"Or... we could use Sagittarius' new powers as well as stealing a card," Pisces suggested, taking a more pacifistic route

"Sounds like a plan," Leo agreed before running over to a pilot, despite everyone yelling at him to wait

So there Leo stood, in front of the pilot

"I have seemed to have misplaced something, would you mind helping me find it?" Leo asked

"Sure, my dear sir what might it be?" The man had a strong accent lacing his voice

"Erm it's my girlfriend's necklace, I feel I may have lost it in the closet" Leo stuttered, fiddling with the very locket in his pocket while they talked "it's a simple locket, gold and it has a picture of us inside"

"Let's go find it then!"  The man followed Leo who lead him to the closet with clear excitement plastered on his face

Leo was nervous because he was just about to pickpocket a man and then lead him to the room where they were first introduced to the hellish castle and shove him into a locked box until someone else found him. He felt guilty for a clear reason. 

He quickly snagged the key out of the mans collar, and said out of nowheres "perhaps I've left it in my room, might we check?"

"Of course good sir, anything to help a fellow out!" The man was very optimistic and it worried Leo, seeing as the man's leader was a serial killer. 

"So have you heard the rumours?" Leo asked the man, trying to figure out whether the public was aware of the crazy man in charge on the way up to the room

"About what, many are whizzing around these days, you know the gossipy folk"

"The ones about king Cepheus, murdering his own wife?"

"That I did not hear, the local gossips will be astounded to hear it if they haven't already!"

"And the murder of his convicted daughter, Andromeda?" Leo continued on "Legend has it, twelve of Cepheus' apprentices witnessed it!"

"How do you know all of this, good sir"

"Well my fellow Captain," Leo explained as they reached the door "I am one of the apprentices and I'm afraid that I need to escape and that is why i have this"

He held up the key card before smashing the pilots head into the wall, guilt filling up his systems and shoving the unconscious man into a crate, the perfect size for him.

•••

Everyone looked at Leo with a lot of impatience in their eyes as he showed the card to everyone in the room, Sagittarius snatched it from out of his hands and morphed into the man in the closet that Leo had actually taken the card from the man Sagittarius was mimicking.

She slid the card through the slot with the rest of the  Zodiacs  in tow

"Cornelius! You're back for another round today with... teenagers?" A woman greeted them, she had a darker skin tone and a lavish tuft of  hair  placed pristinely on her head "I suppose it's not my business, have you heard the rumours about Cepheus?"

"Absolutely disgusting, I think that man should be put in jail before another person ends up dead by his fist, I do I do" Sagittarius replied scrutinizingly, brows furrowed 

"Ah, precisely how I feel as well," the woman responded "I've always found him rather suspicious and I'm glad the rest of  our population has  figured out so too"

What the Zodiacs didn't know was that Emery (the woman) had always been a fond supporter of Cepheus and even at one point claiming she would marry the man if she had the chance

"Well madame, I bid you adieu" Sagittarius waved her off and marched to the nearest ship and hopped in the pilot's seat with the others left to wander around the back of the ship.

"Finally some luck." Scorpio smiled at 'Cornelius'

"Now to learn how to fly this son of a bitch"

WOWWWW TWO CHAPTERS IN A DAY!!!

crazy right? anyways vote! and please let me know how im doing in the comments! so much love for you all, see you in the next chapter my lovely readers!