tiny hiatus & critique

i just wanna focus on my new zodiac book; street signs because it's gonna be shorter and i have a clear end in mind. with this one i know but i don't really have a perception of how much longer it will take, street signs will be completed within thirty chapters, if not then less and i wanna make sure it has more attention because i like the plot much more. nightlight is my biggest success across this account and my old account from three or four years ago and i'm super proud with what i've become but i'm just not proud of it. it was good to me a while ago but there are so many things that i wish i hadn't done, like spoiled the ships right out before the first chapter was released, created unnecessary tension that would just be absolved within a few chapters, made a few characters wayyyy too overdramatic for who knows WHAT reason, overplayed personalities, underplayed personalities, uneven screen time and so much more. i might rewrite it entirely sometime in the future but for now i'm gonna stick with street signs cause it's a much more manageable project.
i forget major things that happen in the plot because there are so many that a *major* scene is so common that it's watered down to the point where it's lost it's impact.
i wrote the escape rooms and that stands as my most favourite part of the story because of the gory atmosphere but it didn't fit well with the rest of the book. with street signs i'm experimenting with a whole new setting and array of characters.
i've gone tired of writing fantasy and i think street signs is just the political thing that i like, the mystery of it is something that makes me try and stay one step ahead of my readers. it motivates me.
that being said, if you have questions about this book you direly want answered please let me know via comment or private message, i don't see myself updating this anytime soon- or at all and i understand the need for closure and trust me when i say i understand.
chances are, i will end up rewriting it, i think i would just change a few things.
i know that a lot of people did enjoy this book and i did too, i started it nearly a year ago and i am so grateful for the abundance of attention it received and didn't wholeheartedly deserve.
if i do end up rewriting it i think the plot will remain the same, i think a lot will. but i don't see my writing style resting, i think the old me wrote with no clear end in mind, no sight, just writing for writings sake and throwing surprises in whenever i felt like it. it was to the point where the surprises weren't surprises anymore they were like speedbumps, the characters would get over them so quickly because i didn't want to write something so long that it bored people but i think the quickness of it made people anxious for more content.
i thought the less of a struggle the happier the reader but i now think it's the opposite, watching the couples fight with eachother and evade circumstances would've been much more fun to write then just smushing them together without conflicts.
i hate how cepheus' character never stayed the same, how the reader couldn't expect what he was gonna do but in a bad way. one minute he's planning an elaborate escape room with few chances of escape and diabolical intent and the next he's thwarted by a ragtag group of 17 year olds, it just wasn't realistic even if they were superhuman.

tldr; i'm not proud of this and it doesn't feel writing more of something that doesn't make me inspired or want to create but expect a rewrite.
go read street signs or at least give it a try if it's not your cup of tea