15| in the same boat

Libra was rocking back and forth, her arm loosely rubbed against Aries. She gently fumbled with the swiss knife in her pocket and soft inhales escaped her thin lips. Her hair was fitted into a loose milkmaid braid and her face was absolutely caked with makeup. Her 'parents' were very wealthy before their untimely demise and ran a very successful business. She was their showgirl, they would exploit her beauty for fame and Libra did nothing about it. As the years went on, she became more and more worried about her parents' shortcomings to the point where when the first storm hit, she gave up beauty and immediately started preparing for an apocalypse. Aries vowed to protect her from any harm, he would tell her every night, but guilt would still nauseate her. Being unable to return the favour in any way other than sitting and looking pretty? It was torture for the lavender haired girl. When she was a child it was fine, her naïve mind didn't bat an eye to if she just sat there or if she was outside, however when the apocalypse started she felt useless. Aries would always do the heavy work and her parents would assure her he was fine. When her parents died, there was a heavy weight on her shoulders that the last talk they had was an argument, but she still changed herself. She had practically mastered the art of japanese combat. It was graceful and so was she, when she got to Cepheus' place, she started dressing more elegantly. Each day she would grace the halls in a different dress, some days more engorged than the others but always practical for the most part. It was in her nature to keep her chin up and ignore everyone who thinks of her as pretentious. She realized she was acting like her parents, whom she never agreed with nor could even think of agreeing with one day. She walked through the halls, while everyone else was thinking about Cepheus and his egregious acts and what he meant by 'sent out a hit on someone close to them', she was still stuck on how she kept her parents' terrible standards where the only thing that mattered was her looks. She kept reassuring herself that her flexibility and strong hit and ability to use blades made up for her inexcusable praise. 

"Libra, you're awfully quiet in this discussion..." Pisces asked her,  disgruntled by the worry of his girlfriend

"Just thinking." She responded harshly

"What's the matter," Scorpio said crisply "I'm worried sick about someone I care about more than anything, and your silence isn't helping. I guess you don't have anything to worry about, having Leo near you at all times makes you entitled to not have to bat an eye at the missing presence of anyone else here."

"That's not it" She responded, tears welling in the corner of her eyes

"Don't cry," Scorpio scoffed "I'm not going to pity you."

"Lay off man," Leo cut in, brows furrowed, hand placed firmly on Scorpio's shoulder and a glint of anger in his amber eyes. 

"Why should I," Scorpio grunted "some of us are actually worried about them."

"Yeah," Aries cut in "you really seem invested in the safety of all of them"

"Hey," Pisces cut in "Scorpio has a point."

"He really does" Capricorn added "obviously I'm more worried about Taurus than I am Aquarius or whoever but that doesn't make me a bad person."

Everyone had broke out into a full argument, voices whipping insults not directed at anyone in particular but in a rage of fear and tension, everyone let all of their frustrations out and in doing so failing to notice the four missing Zodiacs standing right behind the bustling  crowd of eight shooting meaningless insults at anyone who was willing to listen.

"Guys." Taurus announced firmly, her voice not  alarming anyone whatsoever 

"GUYS." She said slightly louder this time, no heads turned

"I got this, Taur." Sagittarius reassured her friend,  took in a deep long breath and let out  raucous scream and everyone instantly whipped  around.

Everyone stared in awe and Aquarius just did a tiny wave before everyone engulfed them in hugs and celebrations. Pisces was practically sobbing into Quari's chest and she couldn't help but let  out a tear or two. Scorpio was holding Sagittarius tighter than he  had ever held anyone before, whispering  how  grateful he was to have her again  and how  he would never let her go in to her ear. Capricorn  hadn't done anything  but  just  stare  at  the girl he spent the best moments of  his life with  in graciousness to whatever let them see eachother again, and  she eventually ran up to him with open arms and he let tears silently roll down his  cheeks as he  gripped her tightly. Cancer and Virgo sat down together and talked through everything, sharing sweet remarks through each sentence, Virgo was astounded by everything that Cepheus had put Cancer through and was infuriated  and it made her amplified her rage towards Cepheus. 

•••

After everyone had reacquainted, they turned to look behind them to see Cepheus, holding a knife to Andromeda's throat. The girl was sputtering and tears were flooding her eyes. 

"Let her go, Cepheus" Gemini barked

"No" Andromeda reasoned, shaking her head "it's my time to go but remember that you will be the  ones to uncover the truth the oracle told me I swear please just-"

She was cut off by the knife digging into her throat with a punitive noise and her lifeless body falling to the ground.

wowie what  a chapter, tell me what you think in the  comments! i tried to clear up Aries and Libra's backstory but it took up a lot of  the chapter and my schedule isn't very consistent so uh oops.

vote! please it really makes me happy when i see that little star filled in with orange <3 :)