4. Graduation/ Still Trying

Graduation outfit above

~Kristenelle~

Today's the day I graduate finally! After 4 years of busting my ass I'm finally free. I was wearing my maroon cap and gown with four golden cords draped around my neck. I'm super excited my mom is here with my brother, my aunt Ness , uncle Charles, my cousin Charles Jr. and Jasmine , and my grandmother she is very sick but she insisted that she come, becuase I'm the first in the family to graduate. When I seen my line stand up to heard my name being called and, grabbed my diploma shaking my now old principles hand, and walked off stage. I seen Nico standing there with flowers and balloons I waved to my family and he smiled at the sight of me. I honestly do not want to start no drama on my graduation, but why tf is he here? After, the ceremony I walked and greeted by my family took pictures, hugged, cried, and kissed them. Then Nico walked up my mother to speak to her but she froze in anger shit!! I thought. She lifted up her hand to slap, but no drama mom please I thought to myself.

"Mom please not the place or time." I pleaded. As much as I want her to slap the dog shit out of him, but this is a special day.

"Congrats Kristenelle" he said. Handing me the flowers and balloons.

"Thanks" I said less eagerly taking the items he offered.

"Why are you here?" My mother asked.

"Oh hello Mrs. Jones, my name is Nico- " Nico said.

"I know who you are I asked why are you here." she said biting her lip in anger.

"Well I came here today to see if I could take her. If you don't mind may I take your daughter out" he said.

"No." She said walking away with my little brother on her hips and I followed her. Damn mom that was badass. We walked to the car she bucked in my baby brother, she texted my family to come to the house. "Kristienelle, what the fuck did I tell you about mafia and gangs."

"Ma, I'm not affiliated with the mafia. That man wanted to take me on a date I told him not and he bought me this expensive ass white dress and then this creep came to job asked me on a date I told him no. Not forgetting that he tried to give me a rid ehome twice. I did not tell him where I went to school at, I did not tell him where I lived or anything." I said.

She took a deep sighed and look at Eli my baby brother. "My poor baby he was out in the sun all morning, he so tired. Kristie, now I know you are about to be 18 in a few weeks, and I know that you can make your own decision, but if you date that man he will be putting yourself in danger and you might get killed. I lost my husband and I can't loose my daughter too." She said.

"Mommy no matter what I will always stay safe I promise you that. I love you." I said.

"Love you too baby girl."

"Can Mitchell come over?"

"Of course you even had to ask."

----------------
I'm redoing the whole next chapter and most of the book so if you already read the book it's gonna get more different

Amari