6. Birthday, Death Anniversary, Late Night Phone Calls

-Nico-

'We need to talk'

What is what the message said. I didn't bother to answer the message that I received a month ago. I sank down in my office chair, with a glass of whiskey in my hand at 11:30 in the morning. I grabbed my phone to reply back

'What time and place?'

'Nice try, no meeting I'll call after today. I'm busy.' was the reply back .

'Okay.'

No reply back. I need to stay away from that girl, before I get her killed or she gets kidnapped.

-Kristie-

He blew me off for a month then message back. I'm not gonna lie, I do miss not being harassed by that man. My mom told me who he was. Nico Merino, the head leader of the Italian Mafia, his father killed mine, while he watched. Great it's my birthday, my dad's death anniversary, and now I have to call the devil later on tonight to get some damn answers.I took a shower then smoked a blunt right after, I put on some blue washed boyfriend jeans, a long sleeve black shirt, and some black and white vans. I put some shea moisture in my hair. I heard out of my bathroom to see Eli and my mom.

"Happy Birthday, baby girl." She hugged me.

"Thank you mom. We have so much planned for today, im really excited to-" then I was cut off for by that rude ass doorbell. "I got it mom."

I opened it go see Mitchell with balloons and cake. "Happy 18th birthday best friend. Finally apart of the legal crew now." He said walking in. "Good Morning Ms. Leaha"

"Good morning Mitchy." She said embracing him for a hug. "Thank you for grabbing a cake I owe you one."

"Please don't. It was free after I told my dad who was it for. You he thinks as Kristie as his own daughter."

"Tell I said thank you. So what do you guys have planned?"

"Well.... Kristie and I are gonna go shopping then food. After meet at the cemetery?" He said.

"That's fine by me just let me know when so I can get Eli situated."

At the Cemetry
In loving memory of
Kenneth Elijah Jones
04.04.1974-07.08.2015
A loving father, husband, brother and son. Will dearly be missed. Rest in Paradise, son.

Tears burned my face as I read his grave stone. Good think I did not wear makeup because I knew it was gonna be an emotional day. I placed the white Orchid flowers into front of the stone.

"I miss you daddy," I whispered. "So much, me mom, and Eli."

My who family came in support. We all ate there and had reminisces about all the good times we had with dad. I hugged my aunt, my uncle, and my little cousins goodbye. Until the next family gathering I'll see them. Mitchell came behind and hugged me. I hugged back.

"I know it's hard." And with that all my years started streaming down my face. "Shhh." He rubbed my back to sooth me. "Everything is gonna be okay. I know he is gone, but just because you can't see his face everyday like you used too he is still watching over you and all of your family. As an angel of protection. Be strong little Reese cup." I looked at him and wiped my tears.

"Thank you. I wouldn't even know what to do if I didn't have you by my side."

"You're my best friend and if one of my parents died you'll be doing the same for me." I nodded my head in agreement to what he said. "Message me when you wanna hang out."

"Okay." I whispered. He turned and walked to his looking back to smile and wave. I returned it in a weak form. I headed to my mom's car to see that she just finished wipping the last of her tears.

"Baby girl you drive." She said.

I did what I was told. We didn't speak just let the radio play as Eli slowly fell asleep in the back. When we reached the house, I parked in the drive way, mom grabbed Eli and headed upstairs."

"Good night baby girl."

"Night mom."

I gripped my hair into a loose ponytail, I reached underneath my bed to grab my box.  I headed to my bathroom. I grabbed the clear vile that had herbs in them and my Dutch rap. I grabbed my phone and called Nico.

"Hello." His voice said. I lit my blunt and inhaled.

"Why did you come to my house after you got shot?"

He let out a deep sigh and I heard a lady next him grunt in annoyance. "I'm kinda busy right now can you call back later."

I shook my head over the phone. "No you fucking fuck. You blew me off for a month I have questions that you have the answers too."

"Fine hold on. Get out. "

"Fuck you Nico, don't call me over here again then." She said.

I smirk of happiness. No pussy for you bitch. "Answer my questions."

"I was leaving a meeting, and the whole thing was a set up. I just ran to all house banging on the doors, but no one answered until you." He said

I took one hit of my blunt. "Few more question."

"Shoot."

"Why was my father affiliated with the mafia?"