1. Love is Unconditional

"The love I have for you is a love that knows no bounds,

In times of joy as well as sadness,

In sickness, & in health,

I will love you as my equal,

And protect you above all else,

I will share with you my truest feelings,

And when you speak I will listen,

I will catch you when you fall,

And when you soar I will help you reach your greatest heights."

"Magnus Bane"

" Alexander Gideon Lightwood"

Looking into each other's eyes, they gently held each other's hands and gave them a light squeeze. 

" I am and will always be, your loving husband." They said in unison.

"It's my honor to pronounce you one". Brother Zachariah said, having a warm smile on his lips.

Magnus and Alec have a bright smile on their faces as they leaned in and locked their lips in a soft kiss, conveying all the emotions and happiness that was built inside their heart.

************************************

'5 Years later'

Soft splatters of drizzles were hitting the glass of the ajar window through which a light cold zephyr was sweeping into the living room, carrying the scent of earthy aroma with them.  Magnus had buried himself into piles of blankets, too lazy to stand up and close the window. 

'Project Runway' was running on the tv screen but neither of the men was paying attention to it. Magnus was sipping on the hot chocolate while Alec was sitting on the couch next to Magnus's, reading 'Pride and Prejudice' with keen interest but had no blanket around him, just his usual black sweater paired with woolen pajamas.

Magnus glanced a look at his husband, shaking his head in disbelief as to how he was not feeling the prickliness of the cold zephyr. "Aren't you cold?" he asked.

His words fell on deaf ears as the shadowhunter was deeply lost in the book. "Alexander!?" he asked again but got no reply from his husband. Sighing, he picked up the nearby cushion, aimed at it his husband, and threw it with the intention of hitting him to gain attention but as he was sitting at the edge, lost balance and fell off the couch. 

The mug he was holding fell from his hand and shattered, and the remaining hot chocolate splattered all over the white furry carpet along with Alec's barefoot and trousers. 

.....

Alec had just finished reading chapter 16 and was about to start the next chapter when splatters of burning hot liquid fell on his barefoot making him wince. He kept his book aside so that he can scold his idiot husband but pursed his lips and fluttered his lashes then burst into a fit of laughter when he saw the condition his husband was in.

Magnus was tangled in the piles of blankets that were wrapped around him seconds ago, his legs were up in the air, eyes were peeking through the little space between two blankets and he was trying to stand which was only making him fall back more.

"Stop laughing and help me, you idiot!" Magnus grunted.

"Really now!?" a cute pout formed on Magnus's lips and that was enough for him to melt. He stood up, walked towards him, and outstretched his hand. Magnus held it but to his dismay, pulled him down instead, resulting in him falling just beside the mischievous warlock with a surprised yelp.