6. Lightwoods Reunion

The golden rays of the morning sun shone through the windows into their room, breaking the darkness and making it naturally bright.

Alec stirred when the rays fell on his face. He opened his sleepy eyes, only to find a hand tightly wrapped around his waist, a face buried in his chest and their legs entangled with each other. A warm smile crept on his face as he carefully untangled himself, making sure not to wake his precious warlock then left for the bathroom.

When Magnus didn't find the warm body beside him, he stirred and slowly woke up. Noticing that the other side of the bed was empty he started to panic but the sound of running water made him relaxed. Turning on his side, he gazed out of the window, the golden rays encaptivating his mind as he got lost in his deep thoughts.

Fifteen minutes later, Alec walked out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his lower body and hairs wet, leaned down, and pecked Magnus on the temple.

"Morning love."

"Morning darling!" Magnus sat upright, leaned up, and pouted earning a soft kiss over his pouting lips. While cherishing those lips he snapped his fingers and vanished the towel earning a cute yelp from his shadowhunter.

"Magnus!"

Magnus grinned and pulled his husband down, locking their lips in a hungry kiss. "Stay...."

"Sorry love, as much as I love that I'm getting late."

"Please?"

A sad smile formed on Alec's lips. "I can't Magnus. I want to, but I really can't."

Magnus sighed. "Okay... I'll prepare breakfast then while you get ready."

"I'll have it in the Institute, I'm running late." He quickly got dressed with the help of his shadowhunter speed as he was actually getting late.

"When did you-"

"Shadowhunter!" Magnus looked at him wide-eyed then sighed.

"Sorry love, I'll see you tonight, bye." he planted a soft kiss on top of his head then rushed out of the flat.

Magnus gazed out of the bedroom as he remembered the nightmare he had. The nightmare which turned true a month ago, the day when Alec almost died. If Jace and Isabelle hadn't reached on time, he would have lost his Alexander forever. He felt useless that he wasn't able to help him. He was in his arms, dying, and he couldn't do anything.

Tears started forming in the back of his eyes, he sighed and closed his eyes and a few drops fell on his cheeks.

*********************

When Alec reached the Institute he went to the institute's library straight ahead, telling everyone that it's important and not to disturb him when in reality he was researching further about the immortality spell and Kasper Windermere. He found a few books and took them to his office.

*Time Skip/ Few hours later*

Alec was in his office reading those books and researching more about them when he heard a soft click of heels approaching his office. A smile formed on his lips at the familiar sound.

"Hello, big brother!" Izzy said as she walked inside the office.

"Izzy!" he got up and embraced his sister in a tight hug.

"So! Hiding things from Magnus? You think that's gonna work out?" she asked when they broke the hug.

"It's working fine till now!" he shrugged earning a glare.

"What!?"

"That's why you need me to cover up for you?" She raised her brow and crossed her arms above her chest.