8. A Dose of Malec

Alec was standing outside the door, shuffling and taking deep breaths now and then. 'I hope he's not mad.' He thought, then, after a final deep breath, he slid in the key and walked inside.

He was about to call for his husband when he noticed his silhouette curled up on the couch and sleeping peacefully. A warm smile appeared on his lips as he started walking towards it but almost stumbled when he stepped over something. He picked it up only to find it was a large empty bottle of red wine.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he kept it on the nearby table then walked towards the couch only to be hit by a strong scent of alcohol. Glancing at the coffee table he saw two more empty bottles and an almost empty wine glass. Tears formed in the back of his eyes and his heart tightened. Leaning down, he shook his husband gently. "Magnus, love..."

Magnus stirred, slowly fluttered his eyes open, his vision blurry as he placed his hand on the head. His head was throbbing and something was poking around his waist. Still half asleep, he reached for it and pulled out an empty wine bottle, and sighed.

Anger was building inside Alec, but when he noticed another bottle, he lost it completely. "You drank four large bottles of wine!? Seriously Magnus!?"

Magnus jumped when he heard the yell, not aware that his husband was right beside him. "Al... Alexander!?" his voice was hoarse as he rubbed his temple. "When... when did... you came? Ugh... My head!"

When the shadowhunter didn't answer, he blinked rapidly to clear his vision then looked up, only to meet the tear-filled angry eyes. His face was stern and the stance was a clear indication that he was trying his best not to yell. Gulping, he lowered his eyes and only then did he notice the empty bottles and the strong alcohol scent in the surrounding area. he made the motion to wave his finger so that he could clean the mess, but Alec held his hand, making him slowly look up.

"Don't you dare clean the mess with your magic!" Alec spoke, trying his best not to shout, but his angry tone was enough to convey how hurt and mad he was.

Magnus gulped and lowered his hand, shifting uncomfortably in his place. He did not like the look on his husband's face, its rare to see that man in anger and god bless the ones who become the victim of it, and right now, it looked like he was going to be that victim. Clearing his throat, he slowly lifted his eyes but noticed angry tears sitting on his reddening cheek. 'shit, no! It's not good!' he thought.

"Alexander, I... I was --" he stopped when Alec raised his hand in the air, eyes trailing over the empty bottles and guilt built inside his heart. "A... Ale-"

"DON'T!"

"Alexander, look I-"

"Don't Magnus! I'm in no condition to hear anything right now, just take your pillow and blanket from the bedroom, you're sleeping on the couch. Goodnight." with that he left for the bedroom and slammed the door shut making him jump.

He waved his wrist and his pillow and blanket appeared beside him then stood up, cleaned the table and threw all the bottles in the bin then walked back and made himself comfortable on the couch. A few teardrops fell on his nose tip as he missed the warmth of his husband. He wanted to go in the bedroom and cuddle with him, but he knew better, Alec was in no condition to talk or even listen. He knew he made a mistake, made him angry, and now he needs to find ways to make it up to him.

_______________________________

The golden rays of sun scattered into the living room through the vast windows, waking up the warlock who was curled on the couch. He slowly opened his eyes and tried to turn around thinking he was in his bed, which resulted in him falling off the couch.