20. The Sins I've done.

The warm lights of the sun fell on Magnus' exposed body making him stir in his sleep. He fluttered his eyes open and found himself wrapped in the cage of his husband's arms. A light smile played on his lips. He looked at him who was looking heavenly, the rays of sun-soaking his body was making him glow. His pale skin was shining brightly in a shade of gold.

"Stop staring, love," Alec said in his morning husky voice, then slowly opened his eyes. The shade of red creeping over his warlock's face was beautiful. He smiled and kissed those red cheeks.

"Morning, love."

"Good Morning! How long were you awake?"

"Not long, but I was enjoying the feeling of holding my husband in my arms."

Magnus pouted. "Not fair!"

Alec chuckled and kissed his warlock softly tasting his morning breath, the one he loves so much.

"I'm going to make breakfast for us, you go get freshen up till then," Alec said and kissed him again.

"Okay!" The warlock whispered softly. The feeling he was having was really weird for him. Everything was looking so heavenly and right. So calming. It was scary, it felt like the calm before the storm. He eventually got up and left for the bathroom.

Alec got up too and left for the kitchen. He prepared a breakfast of pancakes, two fried eggs, crispy bacon, butter toast, a bowl of diced fruits, a glass of orange juice for Magnus, and a cup of coffee for himself. Just as he was placing everything on the tray, his husband walked into the kitchen.

As usual, Magnus was looking beautiful. His clothes were not as bright as his usual clothes, but they suited him really well. He was wearing a simple dark blue button-down shirt with black pants, the jewelry was minimal and he was barefoot for now.

He walked towards the coffee table where Alec had placed their breakfast and they sat on their respective chairs eating in comfortable silence until Alec broke it.

"Hey, love. I have to leave early today, I have some important work scheduled and I can't miss it. I'll try to be back early though. Are you okay with it?"

Magnus nodded. He knew his shadowhunter had duties. He can't complain about it or force him to stay. So he didn't say much.

After finishing the rest of the breakfast in silence, Alec quickly got dressed up and was ready to leave. While he was getting dressed up he noticed that Magnus was standing in front of the mirror looking at himself with a blank expression on his face. He quickly got dressed up then walked towards his husband and hugged him from behind.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked and kissed him on top of his head.

Magnus looked at his husband from the mirror, his eyes were hazy but he didn't know why. He relaxed a little when the grip of his shadowhunter's arms tightened around his waist.

"Nothing, just feeling a little low. I.. I want you to stay but I know you have to go to work." He looked down at the floor.

"Hey!" Alec started and turned his husband towards him, then put his fingers below his chin and tilted his head upwards, and kissed him on the bridge of his nose. Magnus slowly lifted his eyes and looked at him. "I'm sorry, Mags. I want to stay too, but I have some important work today. I promise I'll be back as soon as possible. And if you're feeling low, just rest okay? I'll be home as soon as I can, okay?"

Magnus hugged his husband tightly and rested his head on his chest. He felt his husband's lips on top of his head. "Okay, Alexander. Just, please come home soon."

"I'll come home soon only if you let me go, love."

Magnus broke the hug and looked at his shadowhunter, his eyes were glossy again. He didn't know what was happening, but he didn't like it.
Alec wrapped his hands around Magnus' neck and kissed him passionately.