15. Let's have some Madnus

*Morning- the time when Alec and Catarina left for New York*

"Alec, we should leave now. It's time." Catarina said knowing that the soon they'll get this done, the better.

Alec nodded in response as Catarina opened the portal for them. Alec gave Magnus a quick goodbye kiss before stepping through the portal, then vanished into it.

As soon as the swirling vortex closed a depressed look crept over Magnus' face, Alec wasn't even gone for a second, and he was missing his husband already. It's the first time after that incident that Alec left Idris, that too for days. He didn't know how he'll manage to go through these three dreadful long nights without his husband. The days were fine, his work will keep him occupied, but nights...

A tugging at his jacket broke him out of his thoughts. "Maagnus? What happened? You look sad. Are we not going to party?" Madzie asked innocently.

Magnus bent down and took her in his arms. 'How can I be an idiot! How can I forget about my favorite warlock staying with me.' he cursed in his mind.

"Oh, sweet pea, yes, obviously we're going to party. It's just that I'm missing Alec, nothing more."

"I miss him too." She said with a sad tone.

"Okay, come on now, what do you want to do?" He asked her to light up both of their moods.

"Party! Party party party," she kept screaming.

"Stop it, sweet pea, I got that. We'll party in the evening, it's only afternoon. What else you want to do apart from partying, young lady?"

"Teach me new magic, potions, I want to learn how to brew potions, mom doesn't let me. And, and cooking I want to learn cooking, no baking, choco chip cookies, yes, teach me how to bake cookies. I want cookies. Teach me, teach me, teach me. Pleeeease." She said excitedly, showing him her best puppy eyes.

"Oh, hush, you bundle of energy. One at a time. Let's teach you some new magic first." He put her on the floor then took her to his study room, or his workroom to be specific, where he keeps all the stuff.

Madzie might be a kid, but she was really powerful at her age. And a quick learner too. Magnus always suspected that she's going to be the most powerful one in the upcoming generation of warlocks. He taught her some new things and made her practice more what she already knew. Taught her some new spells and little Chthonian.

If he'll be honest with himself, he did teach her things Cat would never approve of, she was still a child, but a powerful warlock in Magnus' opinion, so he wasn't able to help himself. But he was sure that if his best friend would find out she'll ban him from meeting Madzie for a month or worse put a body swap spell on him or maybe a gender change spell, he shivered from the thought of it, Catarina Loss could become unpredictable when she's angry. He didn't want to think about the consequences right now.

"Magnus, Magnus, look! I did it. Yay, I did it."

Magnus looked at the miniature silver projection of a man or a prince charming as Madzie called it, riding a horse visiting the small town, having a women's crystal heel poking out of his leather bag clinging at him. He stopped in front of a house, dismounted himself from the horse, and started walking towards the door.

"Good job, sweet pea, now focus on the story, the next scene of the story, use your mind, and focus on your magic, let your mind guard your magic. Focus on the events and details, concentrate." He softly whispered.

After a few efforts, Madzie was able to project the whole story with every detail, and now she was exhausted.

"Yay! I did it. Magnus, I'm tired and hungry, cookies, let's bake cookies now."