Epilogue

The polar white stars were sparkling and shimmering in the Alicante skies like bejeweled grains of sand allowed to sparkle in silence. The adamas of the demon towers were giving a bright glow on the streets, highlighting the people walking on it. Everything was perfect and there was a calming silence.

All the couples gathered on the rooftop of Magnus' loft for a much-needed get-together. It's been more than a week since Malec's anniversary and everything was getting back to normal. Magnus was getting used to the new lifestyle and powers. He had started gaining control over his magic and the newly developed wings with the help of Alec and Daniel, or more precisely Daniel, as his wife is a warlock too and he made the same mistake as Alec. It was a struggle for him in the beginning, but as his husband said, he was one of the strongest warlocks to ever exist, he had gained control over himself sooner than expected.

Alec was more than happy to see his husband getting back to normal. He was no longer crying and zoning out at times, his nightmares have reduced a lot, he still gets those sometimes, but it's not that bad like before, which made him realize that he did the right thing by becoming an immortal. He got out of his thoughts when a strong pair of arms wrapped around his waist tightly.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Magnus asked.

Alec turned around in the cage of his husband's arms and pecked him on the lips. "Thinking about my charming husband."

"Hmm... I am charming!"

"Stop making us uncomfortable and get your asses back here, right now!" Izzy shouted in the background.

Both men rolled their eyes together at that.

"Shall we?" Magnus asked.

"Shouldn't keep the birthday girl waiting!"

They both walked towards the center table Magnus had conjured for the celebration. It wasn't just a get-together, it was also Izzy's birthday week and she was celebrating every single day of it. But today was actually her birthday and she was on cloud nine.

There was a huge vanilla flavored cake kept on the table which was yet to be cut, and there were several gifts scattered around the table. On a separate table nearby, the arrangements for the dinner were done. She had already celebrated her birthday in New York in the morning with the whole family and they all decided to keep the night for the couples only as they haven't had a chance to spend time together in ages.

"Seriously, both of you. At least wait till we are gone! Jeez!"

"Shut your mouth, Herondale. You know that I bear you only because of Alexander, right?" Magnus said.

"You know what, Magnus, I love you too!" Jace said mockingly.

"Okay, cut it! I can't stand you both sometimes!" Alec said while shaking his head.

"Can we now focus on my birthday!"

"Izzy, did you realize you're cutting your birthday cake for the sixth time?" Jace said.

"It's my birthday, I'll do whatever I want!" She shrugged.

The others sighed and shook their heads. They know how Isabelle Lightwood gets when she's excited and wants something. When everyone was finally gathered near the table circling around her, she cut the cake and made the wish, a wish she really wanted to come true. Everyone sang for her and gave her birthday wishes. This was her day after all. They then grabbed their plates and filled them with whatever cuisine they wanted, which Magnus had summoned for them.

After filling their plates they sat on bean bags or mini couches Magnus summoned to decorate the place, savoring the delicious food on their plates.