5. Emotions- War of Hearts

Alec was still holding his husband tightly in his arms, rubbing his back in gentle circles, kissing his neck from time to time, until his crying became sobbing, then hiccups, and finally silent sobs. They stood like that in each other's arms which felt like an eternity. 

When Alec was sure his warlock has calmed down he gently pulled him out of his arms, then looked into his eyes that were completely red from crying. His expressions were unreadable and teardrops were resting on his cheeks.

Cupping his face, he gently removed the tears from his cheeks with the help of his thumbs. Magnus closed his eyes as his lips kept trembling. Alec leaned in and pecked on the tip where his eyelashes met the slight pink flesh of skin, a soft peck on either side. Then on the top of his closed pair of eyes, wiping away the tears running down his cheeks at the same time. He then looked at his husband's shivering lips, his eyes still closed, breathing a slight heavy. Leaning in, he gently pecked it first, brushing their soft lips together, when Magnus responded with the slight kiss, he slowly increased it, making it more passionate and full of love.

He pulled away after some time, glancing at Magnus's tear-soaked face with his concern filled eyes.

"Mags! Are you alright now?" he asked, his tone soft with a hint of worry.

Magnus just nodded a little, not wanting to say his thoughts out loud anymore. 'What was I going to do, I can't do this, to him, to us. but... these emotions are so overwhelming, how am I supposed to talk to you, Alexander? It's hurting, and I even don't know how to begin and with what I was thinking of doing, No! I can't! I can't say it to you, I better keep it to myself, no matter how hurting it is.'

"Hey, Mags?" Alec put a finger under his chin and tilted his face upwards.

"I'm fine, Alexander. I just got scared a little, you promised you won't miss the dinner, so when it started getting late," he gulped "I panicked."

"I'm really sorry Magnus, it won't happen again." He said and kissed the tip of his husband's nose making it crinkle and a light smile appeared on Magnus's lips.

"So, are we still having dinner? Aaaand am I sleeping on the couch?" Alec asked while scratching the back of his neck.

"Yes, we're still having dinner, but for you- cold; and yes you're sleeping on the couch, but only for a few hours, but if you decide to sleep the whole ni-"

"Okay, okay, I get it! I'm screwed!"

Magnus laughed hard at this, "Indeed you are, Alexander Lightwood Bane!" then kissed his cheek.

Alec did his epic eye roll and sighed but there was a light smile on his face because his husband was finally laughing. "Can we please have dinner, I'm starving!"

"Sure thing!" Magnus said and they walked towards their dining hall.

Alec thought Magnus was kidding, but he actually ended up eating the dinner cold and sleeping on the couch.

"Only for a few hours, but if you didn't wake up; not my fault." He said taking the bouquet from the couch and handling him a pillow and a blanket.

Alec sighed then kissed Magnus' cheeks before settling on the couch. "Goodnight love!"

"Goodnight, darling!" Magnus kissed his forehead then left for the bedroom.

When Magnus was out of sight, Alec took out his phone and texted Isabelle.

Izzy, need help.
-Alec

He waited for her reply while getting comfortable on the couch which wasn't long.