this isnt how you wanted to die

Barbara, Adam & Lydia stood in the attic together, everything a shade of orange, or red, or lava colored. They all stood back to back, moving in closer as things stared to fall. "In the four thousand years I've been living here, this isn't how I wanted to die, for the second time." Barbara said, whimpering as the roof almost collapsed onto her foot. "Me either." Lydia mumbled, looking up at Barbara. Adam moved in once more, "Where do we go after this?" He asked. "To heaven." Lydia quickly answered. It pained all of them to think, that Emily could be here, she could be right here, but they just, couldn't see her, no matter how hard they tried. Silently Lydia started to cry, no one heard. "I like the idea of heaven." Barbara said, "Me too," Adam replied, at the same time they noticed Lydia was crying, they pulled her in for a hug. Barbara kneeled down to Lydia's level. "This isn't how you want to die, is it?" Lydia started to cough, all the smoke from the fire, yes her house was on fire & she was stuck in the attic with her ghost parents. "At least it isn't in a hospital." Lydia said, smiling. Adam wiped away her tears, "We'll be with your mother soon enough." Lydia had no last words, she just collapsed into Barbara's arms. Barbara & Adam looked at each other, with there daughter in there hands, dead daughter at that. "Do you think we did good?" Adam asked, "Being a parent, I never thought it, would include, watching your daughter die." Adam said, then broke into tears. Barbara didn't say a word, she started to cry too. They looked at each other, they slowly started to disappear, whiter away into the fabric of space and time. Who really knows where they went, is that something we, were supposed to find out?