boxer

a/n: we're just sad people in this house :) fanficLife77

Prompt: "You think, /this/, will make me stay!?"

Lydia wasn't sure how the day actually went down. It started in the morning before she left for school, she stuck a little note to the door telling Barbara they were boxing today, and that she had hockey. And she signed it as

'Your angel.'

It was something simple they had made up a while ago. Lydia thought she was a demon from hell, but Barbara thought she was an angel, a fallen angel for better or worse. She would remind herself of the story, if she could remember it.

Lydia, got pushed around at school, more then she pushed around other people. & It wasn't as pleasant as you think it might have been especially being a junior & still being bullied. Lydia was almost ashamed of herself, it torn her on the inside and out to think she wasn't cool. She cared about what other people thought, and it just hurt.

When Lydia came home it was much earlier in the day then you would have expected, that was because Lydia skipped hockey. No one seemed to notice she was there until her hockey equipment crashed to the floor the loud plastic, how it rattled crashed against every wall. It rang all through out the house but the click of Barbara's shoes was all Lydia could hear.

"Lydia, honey it's 2pm. You completely skipped hockey. Why?"

And when Lydia looked up to Barbara it almost made sense. Lydia was broken. It was clearly stated on her face that she was basically shattered glass. And it bothered Barbara to her core.

"Wanna box?"

—————————-

Barbara had her hands out in front of her each time Lydia's bare white knuckle attached with her hands. Every time more force, more hurt. Lydia was mumbling to herself each time she hit Barbara's hand. Lydia's nails digging back into her palm wanting to hit harder but psychically not being able too.

She was muttering cussing to herself as she kept hitting harder something was clearly bothering Lydia. Barbara found herself almost worried, she hit once more and you could clearly hear this slip out of her mouth.

"You think this will make me stay!?"

It fell from her lips and she kept going before she collapsed onto the floor, in complete tears, and the shattered glass only broken into tinier pieces. Barbara sat down and pulled Lydia into her embrace.!

"I love you, my angel."

She said, Lydia was crying her eyes out, gripping Barbara's shirt for dear life. As if, she let go she'd be right back in that school hallway, getting pushed around by those blasted kids.

———————————

And it was only later on when Lydia was sitting on the kitchen counter, she had a coffee mug in her hand and she was smiling brightly. It was only then Lydia mumbled out to Barbara.

"You deserve so much better."

Barbara looked up to Lydia. She smiled softly, walking up to her and trapping her in her arms. Lydia couldn't back away, or move.

"You deserve, so much better."

Barbara whispered to Lydia. Kissing her on the cheek before walking away.