marry me

AU: I lowkey kinda think The Maitlands & Betelgeuse would be an adorable poly couple, but here is the problem with that, don't hate if other people ship it was well.

Barbara slammed the door behind her, she had just been in a heated fight with Adam and it wasn't getting any better between them, she heard a knock on her door and silently muttered. "Come in." Betelgeuse opened the door, he walked in and looked at Barbara. Everything was silent, Barbara was sitting on the bed as Lawrence came to sit next to her, they looked at each other, Barbara looked back to the floor, he reached in his pocket. "I have a surprise." He said, she nodded and looked up. "Will you marry me?" He asked, she, didn't know how to respond. "We can't." She said, getting up and walk-in across the room. "Why?" Lawrence said, heart broken. She was digging through papers, looking for something, "Because of this." She showed Lawrence the marriage papers, it legally said, that Adam and Barbara were married, now that they were dead, they couldn't change that. "These papers don't matter Barbara.", "Yes they do, Lawrence they say who you're married too!" She almost screamed, "Why does that matter!?", It was silent, both of them had never fought, not a day in there lives yet here they were. "Because I love you." She said, and today, my friends was Lawrence's lucky day. It was almost everyday Lydia reminded him, Barbara would never kiss you on the lips, you've have to be lucky for that to happy. She said this everyday and yet somehow he got lucky enough. She kissed him, "Because I love you, and I can't lose you to something stupid like this." Barbara mumbled, they both stepped back. "Lucky, lucky boy." Lydia said, standing in the door way, all three of them stared to laugh.