The Things You Want, But Can't Have (Sam x Reader)

It's finally here everyone! After like six hours I think, @symbolicSupernatural and I have finally finished the one shot that we collaborated on. 

Imagine: telling the boys that your boyfriend proposed, and Sam trying to hide his sadness that he's in love with you.

Word count: 1,284

Warnings: none

~~~

It was morning, and Sam was anxiously waiting for you, his best friend next to his brother Dean, to come back to the hotel room the three of you were staying in. 

Sam had feelings for you. But alas, you were taken. This minor detail made Sam travel down a road of emotions. I should have told her sooner. Sam thought to himself as he laid onto one of the beds that were placed in the room. 

You had strolled into the room after a long night out with your boyfriend, closing the door behind you and sliding down it sighing contently. 

Sam then sat up hearing the door opening and then closing. His brother lifted his head. 

"What's got you so happy?" Dean asked. 

You looked at your left hand turning it side to side a little, letting the small diamonds on the ring placed upon your ring finger shimmer in the light. You looked at Dean and smiled brightly. "(Y/B/N) proposed." You spoke giddily. 

Sam's jaw dropped a little and his heart skipped a beat seeing you with that ring on your finger. His heart broke knowing he had made a mistake hiding his feelings for you, and now it was too late. 

Dean got up hugged you. "Congratulations, (Y/N)!" He smiled. 

You hugged Dean back and smiled back brightly. "Thank you." You jumped up and down on the balls of your feet still very happy. You admired the small ring again. 

Dean nodded some. He cocked his handgun that was stored in the back of his pants. "If he hurts you..." he spoke as he held it in his hands. Sam, who was quiet the entire time, finally spoke up. 

"I'm happy for you (Y/N)," he muttered trying to pass off that he was actually happy for you. It's not that he didn't like seeing you happy, with everything that had happened in your life. It's just that... he wanted you to be happy with him and not your stupid boyfriend. 

"Dean! Jesus Christ! You don't need to hurt him. He's great and sweet, and..." you sighed dreamily. "He would never hurt me." 

Dean chuckled and put the gun back on safety. He threw it gently on the other bed. "Yeah, I know (Y/N)," he spoke. "I'm just messing with you." He hugged you once again. 

You hugged back and looked over at Sam. "You okay Sammy? You don't seem too thrilled." You let the smile fall from your face. 

"O-oh no!" Sam spoke "I am happy." he told you. "I'm happy that you're happy," he muttered. "I mean... we haven't even met the guy (Y/N)... how are we supposed to know he's as perfect as you say he is," Sam said protectively. "He could be a monster or something for all we know." 

"I've done tests on him." 

Dean looked at Sam and then at you. He opened his mouth to say something but didn't. "I'll... give you two some room to talk." Dean walked out of the hotel room. 

You looked down at your ring, and Sam frowned. "(Y/N)..."

"Yeah?"

"I know this won't change anything, but I've loved you ever since I met you," he confessed. "and I regret not saying anything before because now you're with someone else that makes you happy, and I don't... I don't want this to jeopardize anything in your relationship." He told you sadly. He ran his hand through his chocolate locks and looked at you. "I... I don't know why I told you this." he frowned.