The Letter (Sam x Reader)

Imagine: Sam reading a note that you ran away and both him and Dean set across the country trying to find you
Word Count: 2423
Warnings: None
~~~
Last night was the night you decided you had enough; hunting wasn't something that came easy to you anyhow. The only reason you decided to be a hunter was the fact that you were a victim of a vampire hunt a few years ago and both Sam and Dean saved your life. You were eternally grateful for them.

It was hard for you to forget what had happened and you didn't have any family or close friends around so you decided you'd stay with them. Dean wasn't so into the idea but Sam and said it was okay. A couple of months after that, Sam and you had started dating; that was four years ago.

In the middle of the night, you had gotten up from Sam and your's shared bed quietly and carefully trying not to wake him up and went into your desk grabbing a yellow legal pad and a blue ball-point pen writing a quick note.

My dearest Sam,

I hate that I'm doing this right now, but I've just hit my breaking point. Hunting just isn't for me. I knew it wasn't going to like it when I started but I stayed because I liked you, and we ended up dating which I loved. But I can't live my life like this anymore. So, I've decided to leave and go to an undisclosed location. I know this life will probably creep up on me again because I know how hard it can be for that to be successful but I'm going to attempt. I don't know if I'll come back or not. Just know this isn't your fault. Tell Dean and Cas I say goodbye.

I love you so much,

(Y/N)

You let out a small breath and blew out the candle that you used so you could see and pushed in the chair. You grabbed your duffle bag and stuffed your belongings into it and decided whether you wanted to take one of Sam's flannels or not. You had thought about it for a couple of seconds and took one that he didn't wear too much but just enough that it smelt like him. Before you left the room you but the letter in an envelope and wrote Sam's name on it and sweetly placed a kiss on his temple. You breathed a little and left for the garage. Before you went there, you put your letter on the library table that was closest to the telescope and continued walking. You made your way into the garage and got into your 1984 bright blue Chevrolet C/K and left with no idea where you going, just letting your conscious take control of you.

~MORNING~

Sam woke up at about six-thirty the next morning and rubbed his face, turning on the lamp next to his bed and looked around a little bit. When he didn't see you, he was a little bit concerned. You had never gotten out of bed before him and he automatically became worried making him jump out of bed to go look for you. "(Y/N)?" he yelled quietly throughout the halls careful to not wake Dean up knowing that he was still asleep.

He searched for you for about twenty-five minutes before he realized you weren't there. He shakily sighed and sat down in one of the chairs in the library with his face in his hands. He looked up a saw the bright white envelope that you left for him with his name written quickly in the same blue ink that the letter was written in. He got out of his chair and snatched up the envelope with his big, calloused hands.

You didn't bother sealing the envelope since you thought that the adhesive the glued it shut tasted disgusting, so you would usually just tuck the flap inside and leave it be. Sam recognized it as your handwriting and swiftly opened tearing the envelope a little. You had folded the letter in half, letting it fit in the envelope easier.

He unfolded the note gently and let the envelope fall to the table as he began to read the note. He wasn't sure if he had read it correctly the first time so he had read it a few more times to see if he saw what he saw correctly. When he knew it was true, he collapsed into a chair. A tear ran down his cheek, feeling his heartbreak. He knew the letter still said that you loved him but he wasn't entirely sure that was true. He wanted to find you and make things right. Of course, it was hard to do so since you didn't exactly say where you were going and that would make things a little bit more complex.