I'll Be There For You (Castiel x Reader)

Imagine: Cas finding out that you're worried about him leaving you because he's going to be the same age forever while you keep growing older, and him telling you that he'll love you for the rest of his life no matter what.

Word Count: 1,425

Warnings: none

------

[THE BUNKER - LEBANON, KS]

Lately, you had been thinking. Half the time this usually wasn't a very good thing and today was no exception. Ever since you and Cas had made your relationship official a couple of months back you never really bothered thinking about the fact that he never aged.

He was an angel of course so this made sense. His vessel was at least in his mid-forties. Maybe forty-six. But he looked like he was still in his mid-thirties. You yourself were in your early thirties.

You knew that eventually, when time passed on, that you'd be wrinkly and gray while he still looks young with his dark brown hair and beautifully tanned skin. You were leaning over the counter in one of the bathrooms of the bunker. You wiped your eyes with one of your thumbs and tucked some of your hair behind your left ear with your other hand. You looked at yourself in the mirror, seeing that your eyes were red from crying but that's really all you could tell since your vision was a bit blurry from the tears newly falling from your tear ducts.

Getting too deep into your thoughts made you lose your balance and caught yourself on the bathtub. You shakily sighed and rubbed your eyes and rested your hand in your hands gently sobbing. You hated that you were thinking of this but it was a reality you were eventually going to face. You knew he wouldn't but all you could think of was Castiel leaving you when you get older. The was no scenario you could think of that would make him do so but the thought was tattooed in the back of your mind.

After maybe twenty-something minutes, you eventually stopped crying and swiftly went to the kitchen hoping that no one would see you. Unfortunately, your eldest half-brother, Dean, saw you walk past his room which means you didn't make it that far. "(Y/N)?" He asked closing the door behind him. "You good? I thought I heard crying." He sounded somewhat concerned.

"Yeah." You lied not facing him. Your eyes were still puffy.

"(Y/N)... we lie for what basically is a living. I know you're lying." He leaned against the wall crossing his arms.

"Dean, please just drop it. Since when do you feel comfortable talking about emotions with anyone even if you're not talking about yours?" You turned slightly.

"Maybe it's because you're my little sister, and I care about you." He spoke. You sighed a little and pushed some hair behind your ear again. You knew Dean knew for a fact that you had been upset so you completely turned around facing your brother. He held out his arms for you to walk into.

You were surprised that Dean was being compassionate, which he was on very few occasions. You slowly walked into his arms laying your head on his chest. "Is it shark week?" Dean inquired as he wrapped his arms around you.

You sniffled. "Thank God, no." You answered.

"Then what's up?"

"I'm just worried." You admitted. "I know he loves me, and I love him too, but I keep thinking and wondering if he will leave me."

"Who? Cas?"

You nodded into his chest.

"Why would Cas leave you? He's the luckiest guy in the world."