Beautiful | Kiva

Have this random character that has way too much backstory for a simple face drawing.

Also (f/<something>) means your favorite kind, but only for the first time to avoid confusion. For example, (f/color) will later in that specific oneshot be referred to as (f/c). This way (favorite food) in one oneshot won't be mistaken as (favorite flower) in another.

~~~

Random drawing (oc)
< Kiva x Reader >

~~~

(NARRATOR'S POV)
It was a normal day for the 6 yo child named (Y/n), running off into the woods near their small town, exploring and finding new plants and animals, or 'friends' as they liked to call them, when they heard a soft sniffling from not far away.

Wearing a crown of (f/flowers), more of them in hand, they slowly approached the source of the sound, which turned out to be a boy around their age. Aside from the fact that he was half naked, he also had cat ears and a tail!

'How strange!' (Y/n) thought, but their mother had taught them to always be nice to others unless they are bad people, and this poor guy didn't seem bad at all! He was crying, so if anything, someone else must've been bad to him!

"Uhm, hello? Are you okay?" they asked carefully, trying not to scare the cat boy in front of them.

He immediately tensed up, covering his face with his arms and pulling his legs up to his chest. Also his tail curled around his skinny body. He was obviously very afraid, and (Y/n) felt  themselves feel more and more sorry for this person by the second. Especially since they found him adorable.

"P-please don't hurt me!" he whimpered, shaking and squeezing his big, gray eyes shut.

(Y/n) gasped at his words, and slowly apprached him, being careful not to frighten him any more.

"I-I won't, I promise. I want to find out what's wrong and help you.. A-are you hurt? Is that why you're crying?"

They gently put a hand on his small shoulder, trying to be of comfort, as they spoke softly. The cat boy looked up at them as his fear visibly decreased. He wasn't shaking anymore, and sat in a more relaxed position. He was still a bit cautious though. Why would a stranger want to help him for no reason, anyways?

"What's your name? I'm (Y/n). (Y/n) (L/n)," they informed, smiling slightly but reassuringly.

"I.. I'm Kiva. Kiva of the forest felines."

He didn't know why, but for some reason he felt himself smiling back, before it faltered as he remembered.

"Or.. Well... Not anymore."

"W-what do you mean?" (Y/n) felt panic slowly taking over, as their new friend started to look all sad and about to cry again.

"The elders said I couldn't stay with them anymore because I can't see as well as the others and will slow them down in hunting.. And because m-momma died there'd be no one who would want to take care of me, s-so they left me a-all alone here while they moved somewhere e-else..."