part two- "school"

KENZIES POV

i wake up to the blinding light shining through the window. my head aches and stomach growls and the memories of last night come flooding back.

flashback

i sit on the ground. crying. missing my mom. it was times like these where i wish i wasn't l alone. i wish i had someone who could just hold me and love me the way she did.

after a solid thirty minutes of crying my sadness turned to anger. angry that she was taken from me too soon. and that i couldn't save her.

i push myself up off the floor and make my way downstairs. the whole house is asleep and i blinding walk towards the kitchen.

during dinner i noticed a huge wine cellar filled with loads of fancy wines, vodkas, tequilas, anything you could dream of.

i find my way to the cellar and grab the first bottle i get my hands on. i pop open the cap and sit on the floor. drowning my sorrows. feeling bad for myself.

end of flashback

i slowly make my way out of bed and into the bathroom to brush my teeth. i stare at the bags under my eyes and the knots in my hair sighing in dissatisfaction.

i walk over to the closest i share with lauren and pull on an over sized hoodie and leggings. then i go to shake the blonde next to me awake. she slaps me hard across the face then jerks her head up.

"omg kenz i'm so sorry! i didn't mean to i was just tired" she says and i chuckle "it's fine." i reply and flop down on my bed getting an extra ten minutes of sleep.

JOHNNY POV

"yo! johnny" i hear someone say and i turn around to see carson.

i walk towards the school doors where he's standing and give him a wave.

"where's the new girl?" he says smirking and i lightly punch him.

"she was walking with lauren, they kinda hit it off i guess." i shrug

"that's a shame." i uneasily nod walking into class.

i take a seat in the back and turn my head to the left. i see mackenzie sitting there her head in her hands and i tap her shoulder.

she looks up at me and i smile softly waving at her remembering what my mom told me. "mackenzie is deep down a very sweet girl but she has been through some stuff. try and go out of your way to make her feel welcomed." i hear these words ring through my head as i try to start a conversation with her. she just rolls her eyes and ignores me.

there's something about her that just makes me want to make her happy. i don't understand it because we just met and she doesn't even like me. but i want her to be happy. i want to make her happy.

finally the bell rings and school comes to an end. i walk straight to my car and start the engine, ignoring my friends calling my name. i pull out of the parking lot and start to make my way back home.

while driving i notice a small figure walking slowly in front of my car. as i get closer i make our mackenzies face and i pull over and role the window down.

"hey kenzie do you want a ride?" i ask her and she turns her head to me obviously started.

"no. and call me mackenzie. you haven't earned the right to call me kenzie" she snaps at me "sorry i just heard lauren call you that and i thought that." i start but she interrupts me

"well whatever you thought wrong now leave me alone." "mackenzie please just get in the car you know my mom would want me to give you a ride." i say with pleading eyes.

"fine" she says a slumps into my car.

the car ride was filled with silence until we got to the end of my driveway.

i turn to her and open my mouth to speak "look i know we just met but if you ever need help with anything just know i'm here." i say

"what makes you think i need help." she snaps at me for the twentieth time today and my facial expressions soften.

"i may or may not have heard you crying last night." i say and she shrinks in the seat. "i'm not judging you at all i just want to help you. let me help you." i say taking her hand in mine.

she lets me hold her hand for a solid .2 seconds before jerking it away and jumping out of the car. she runs into the house and slams the door as i follow her inside.

i rush upstairs and towards her room only to find the door was locked. i knock three times but the only sound heard from the other side was a faint sniffling.

i wait a few more seconds before walking away from the door. this was going to be a lot harder than i thought. i think to myself as i sit on my bed in defeat.

sofie speaks
sorry it's short but i've just been very unmotivated and i'm dealing with some stuff rn but longer chapters are soon to come don't worry :)

vote and comment!