part five- "the new veiw"

KENZIES POV

i wake up with the most numbing pain in my neck. i reach for the crook up my neck and slowly rub it easing the pain.

i look around and see that i was not in lauren's room. i was in a car. johnnys car more specifically. and there sitting next to me, also groaning in pain, sits johnny.

i make eye contact with him and he smiles at me "you got bad neck pain too?" he questions "yessir probably shouldn't have slept in a car." i chuckle "that may have been a bad idea i agree."

i open my phone and start cursing a little under my breath.

"woah what's wrong kenz." johnnys questions and i scroll through my 165 missed texts from lauren and 29 missed calls.

"i'm pretty sure lauren thinks we are both dead." i yell at him as i exit the car running inside the door and up into lauren's room.

"omygodkenzie! i seriously thought you were dead." she scolds me whole pulling me into a tight hug.

"where were you anyways? and were was johnny?" she says wiggling her eyebrows

"i uhh i fell asleep in his car last night. we were uh talking. a lot." i tell her and she laughs "are you sure you were only talking." she winks and i roll my eyes walking into the bathroom.

"ya know me and mom were thinking" lauren says following me "and if you want, you can move into a room of ur own. don't get me wrong i love being your roommate but you are gonna be with us for a year and i think you should have ur own space." she says and i nod "yea sure."

"great." she smiles and claps her hands "let's get cracking then." i laugh at her and start to grab my toiletries and move them out of the room.

"do we have to do it all right now?" i whine

"yes! no questions asked." "ok ok" i throw my hands up in surrender

me and lauren spent the next few hours moving my clothes and bedding into the room down the hall.

it was farther from lauren, but closer to johnny. Mrs. Orlando picked that room because it's the only one with a bathroom and i'm definitely not complaining about the location.

3 hours later

i was sitting in my new room watching tv and staring out into the sky through my window. night time was my favorite time. everything was so magnified and peaceful.

as i'm staring into space i hear a soft knock on my door "come in." i whisper and in steps johnny.

"hey." he says "whatcha thinking about?" he takes a seat next to me and looks in the direction to which i'm staring.

"just about how beautiful the world is right now." "i can't argue with that, you have the best view in the house." he says

i avert my gaze to johnny and stare into his eyes "i do?" i question and he shakes his head "yea you sure do, i used to come in here and watch the cars pass by for hours. it helped me through all the stress and anxiety i felt last year." he says mesmerizingly looking out the window.

"i'm sorry to take your spot away." "don't be, you need it more than me." i smile compassionately. johnny seems to have that affect on me. i haven't smiled more in years than i have in the past few days of knowing him.

"well just know that you can just walk right in whenever you want, and if aight seeing doesn't help relieve the stress, maybe i can help." i smile at him and his facial features soften "thanks mack z." he says and plants a small kiss on my forehead causing me to slightly blush.

"wait a second you just got kenzie privileges and now your trying to make up other nicknames! i don't think so." i jokingly shout at him

"whatever you say mack z." he taunts and leaves the rooms in a swift manner.

sofie speaks
sorry it's a short chapter again i have such good ideas for the book but i can't apply most of them until later on so for now i'm just making ranked filler chapters but really soon it's gonna get juicy.
also i start school tomorrow so rip me.

vote and comment fools 🤧