Chapter Five

Emilia looked about the room as Ms Grendich began to pull things out of the cubaords and closets and spread them on the table.
"What is all of this?" she asked, confused.
"This, " Ms Grendich spoke as she dropped the last of the items on the table, "is your training." Emilia looked at all the clutter and back up at Grendich.
"Something tells me you don't just learn this stuff  in a day..." Emilia said picking up a gaunlet off the table quizically. Ms. Grendich snached it from her hands and placed it back on the table.
"Let's begin with your attire before we discuss his."

-------------------

Emilia sat at the edge of the woods picking at the grass as she waited for Mattew. She sighed as she thought of her new placement and wondered if Matthew would think it was such a great honor as Ms. Grendich had. She rested her head in her hand as she inspected a dandelion. She sat up and thought to make a wish, but what? There were so many things Emilia wished for. She closed her eyes and made her wish as she blowed the dandelion seeds from the stem. She dreamily watched them float away until a voice scared her from her thoughts.
"Emilia!" she heard Matthew whispering out for her. She stood from her spot and he caught her eyes as she moved from behind a tree into the light. It was getting chillier as the day was closing and they didn't have long before it would be dark. He ran up to her and hugged her tightly and she smiled starting to feel better already.
"Come with me." he said as he took her hand and pulled her behind him. They walked for a few minutes before coming into a clearing. The grass grew three feet tall and was a brilliant green that the light hit just enough to illuminate it.
"wow!" Emilia breathed as she spun around to see everything. "It's beautiful.." she sighed and she felt Matthew squeeze her hand.
"Let's go!" he chuckled as he ran into the field. Emilia laughed and followed him to the center of the field. There he stood and right behind him was a blanket and a bottle of wine. Emilia's eyes grew wide as she stopped and saw what he had prepared.
"Matthew..." she didn't know what to ask, what to say. "is that wine?" she blurted out in shock. He laughed at her as he took her hand and pulled her to the blanket.
"yes, " he said with a smirk as she sat on the blanket and looked in awe at everything. "I won it from Lucky who got it from Shara who stole it from the kitchen last week." He said with a wink.
"I knew Sarah had feelings for Lucky!" she jumped and pointed. "But I didn't know Lucky was such a paroozer." she laughed.
"You have no idea."  they laughed and talked as they took turns sipping the wine until a long pause presented itself.
"Ok!" she almost shouted feeling tipsy.
"I have to tell you something!" she said as she tried to sit up.
"I have to tell you something too." he smiled, and Emilia forgot what she was going to say.
"What?" she whispered looking into his eyes.
"I think- I think I'm in love with you..." he whispered as be leaned in closer to Emilia. She closed her eyes as his lips finally reached hers and she once again melted into the kiss. They began to kiss more passionately than they had before and Matthew kissed his way down to her neck then back up to her lips. When they finally separated she felt as though her senses were heightened and that's when she noticed the sun setting.
"Sundown!" she shouted as she jumped from the blanket and almost stumbled over.
"So?" Matthew asked, as he tried to pull her back down to the blanket.
"Im supposed to meet with the king at sundown!" she shouted as she broke free from his hand as began to clumsily run back toward the castle. As she broke through the forest she noticed a slender figure waiting at the Kitchen Entrance. She stopped in front of Ms. Grendich who looked enraged as she starred past Emilia. Emilila turned around and saw Matthew walking from the forest toward the stables with a blanket in one hand the the bottle of wine held to his lips in the other. Emilia winced knowing how this looked and turned back to Grendich who only grabbed Emilia's wrist and pulled her forcefully behind her though the kitchen and down the hall into Emilias room. She slammed the door and threw a clean pressed dress at Emilia.
"We will talk of this matter later. Now get dressed!" she hissed as she grabbed the bowl of water and a rag to wash Emilias dirty face and hands.
As soon as Emilia was dressed and washed Ms. Grendich escorted her to the Main Hall. She pushed the doors open and stepped inside where the King was waiting on his throne. He wore more relaxed robes with sandals on his feet but he still wore his crown and he still looked cross.
"It is after sundown" he said lowly, trying not to raise his voice. Ms. Grendich stepped forward and bowed before speaking.
"It was my fault, sire." she said calmy. "I was making sure she was ready to serve you, your highness." The King did not look convinced but nodded his head in agreement.
"Very well." he said as he stood. He approached Emilia and walked around her observing her. Her dress looked knew and pressed and her face and hands were now clean. Her hair was pulled back into a bun. He also noticed that she seemed to be concentrated yet unfocused at the same time. She also had the slightest little red mark just above her collarbone and her lips had a light tint of purple on them. As he began to piece things together he wondered if he had made a great mistake in choosing this girl.
"Emilia." he spoke sternly. He decided to give her a test as a last chance of redemption for her. "Remeber everything I am about to tell you." Emilia gulpped as she tried to focus on the kings words as he listed out her list of jobs and duties she had to perform but she suddenly felt distracted and very sleepy. And soon all she remembered was Ms. Grendich taking her back to her room helping her undress and putting her to bed.