Test 3

(The members are in the white meeting room, with Sharon and Kana. They look agitated.)

Kana: It's time for Test 3. This one is worse than all of the others.

(there are no needles. Sharon leads them all to another room, a plain box, empty with one-way windows. The members enter. She presses a button. A pink, sweet-smelling gas enters the room. The boys begin to laugh.)

Julian: Hey Xavier, you have a weird lump on your nose.

Xavier: 17 when I made you, you had a spot on your p-

Casey: Funny, but there are- (laugh) -GIRLS in here!

Dante: Giiiiiiirrrrrrlssssss!!!!!

Maia: Um... Guys?

(they laugh harder)

Salina: Damn, what the hell?

Lulu: SALINA! No swearing!

Selene: Lu, how many times do I have to tell you, it's not a swearword...

(The pink gas is drained out.)

Julian: (punches Xavier in the gut.) Jerk, you mentioned the spot on my p-

Casey: NOT the time.

(Kana's POV)

Sharon: They didn't laugh enough!

Gertrude: They were supposed to die!

Freddy: Kana, what are you going to do?

Kana: I'll amp up the next gas. A5Q9HY7 will laugh more. FT80B3 will try to fight it, but if I amp it up enough...

(Project Members pov)

Julian: Um, is something supposed to happen? It's been five minutes.

Casey: I know exactly what's happening!

Maia: What?

Casey: That gas releases a Hydropodzamius chemical, man-made and designed to target the cortex. It causes the cortex to flip it's lid, leaving the emotional brain in control. The emotional brain doesn't know what to make of this and floods the body with serotonin, an unhealthy amount. This causes the victim to find everything humorous. The more you laugh, the more serotonin your body releases. The gas manipulates the serotonin to overtake the blood. If your blood reaches over 40% manipulated serotonin, it slowly kills off the cells. Your blood is replaced with serotonin, and you will fall into a sort of trance. Then... you never wake up.

(Whilst he talks, a blue gas that smells of fruit fills the room. Lulu begins to laugh.)

Lulu: You're funny Casey!

Casey: I'm not telling a joke.

Selene: (laughing as well) Don't be serious!

(Julian frowns. Salina grins.)

Salina: Turn that frown upside down! (she puts her fingers on the corners of his mouth and lifts them up) Smile!

(Selene and Salina begin whispering. Maia is obviously having an internal battle. Then she begins to laugh. Lulu's laughing is out of control.)

Selene: Julian's soooo cute!!!

Salina: Look at the way Casey smiles!

Selene: And the way Xavier's frown makes his eyes look shiny!

Salina: And Dante's hair looks so soft!

(they giggle)

Maia: (staring at Julian) Hey no no no no no stop frowning you need to smile!

Casey: Maia???

(Casey is staring in disbelief at the four girls.)

Dante: Hey Casey...

Casey: Yeah?

Dante: Repeat that thing you said, in English.

Casey: The gas releases a chemical that makes everything funny. Too much, you die.

Dante: Well... s**t.

(Lulu is laughing harder. The gas drains. Maia's face snaps to a look of distress.)

Maia: I didn't do anything embarrassing, did I?

(Julian snorts.)

They lived! But look out, I might have a surprise up my sleeve for the next chapter, I just need permission from German_Prick. Enjoy! -Naomi.