Casey's Test

We're back in the auditorium again. Kana drags Casey onto the stage. Casey is limp and just sits on the ground while Kana injects the serum.

Casey's POV:
The infirmary. Casey is forced to watch as Julian and Maia die over... and over... as the words 'this is all your fault' circle through his head. A figure is standing over him, also watching the two die. The figure is wearing a black cloak.
Figure: They didn't deserve it, did they?
Casey: It's all my fault.
Figure: You've heard of self harm?
Casey: Physical pain to dull emotional pain?
He looks at the fresh scars on his arms, stripes going from his elbow to his wrist.
Figure: Ah. Not the best coping method, I will say. Julian would be disappointed.
Casey: Julian was always disappointed in me for something.
Figure: Well, your keepers wanted me to harm you, jolt you back to your senses.
Casey: Wait, what?
Figure: I'm sorry about this.
It lunges at Casey, who tries to fight it off, but his efforts are fruitless. The figure breaks his back, easily.

Third person POV:
Casey spends a while talking to the air, and then begins to fight it, but collapses. There is a loud crack.
Casey exits the serum world. His eyes unglaze. And then his screaming starts.