Rio?

I got to know Brian better and heard about what had happened since I left. Not much changed. Dom told me he found a job in Rio and I needed a team.

"Why do I need a team?"

"You're back. That means you're the boss again."

I looked at him waiting for him to be joking but he wasn't. He was going to make the girl with no fear of dying head of a dangerous plan. I put all that aside and enjoyed being home with everyone. Apparently Letty dated Dom and they broke up for some reason they "can't explain". I rolled my eyes and grabbed a beer.

"Still only drink Carona?"

"Nothing's changed since you left"

I looked back and Dom and grabbed a beer for everyone. Then they went off to their rooms for the night so we could drive to Rio in the morning.

I stayed in the living room with my 2nd beer in hand. Dom came up behind me asking one of many questions I didn't want to answer.

"Why aren't you going to sleep."

"I don't know how to explain this but I don't sleep anymore if that makes sense."

"It doesn't but go on."

"I haven't slept in months and now I am just used to it. Sleeping seems like hours of my life wasted."

Dom looked at me and went to his room. I stayed up writing songs, thinking about the job in rio, painting, or doing anything else. Around 6 am Mia came downstairs expecting to make breakfast but I did all the work for her.

"You didn't have to. How long have you been up?"

"A while"

I hated lying to Mia but I didn't want her worrying about me. I questioned her about Brian to realize something was off.

"Your pregnant aren't you"

"How did you know? No one else does!"

"Mia I know when somethings off with you and when I talked about Brian you looked like you were hiding something"

She asked what was up with Dom and me and I said nothing. She giggled at me blushing. I fell in love with Dom but then I had to leave. Then I heard about him and Letty. It just wasn't time. Plus I had HORRIBLE luck with love. After a while everyone came down and ate. I cleaned up and everyone packed their cars. We were off to Rio.