Chapter 28

Y O U     

"There are many types of ghost in our life. When you weren't able to forgive someone's bad deed, the ghost will hunt you in the form of revenge. When you weren't able to forgive yourself, it called self-loathing. When you weren't able to move on from someone that you lost, it called grief. And—"

"Pastor, I'm so sorry to interrupt your precious preach, but that isn't the ghost I was talking about. I was asking you about a real ghost, how to terminate them, exorcist them— and I—" The middle-aged man shook his head and chuckled lightly.

I sighed in defeat, my shoulder already shrank. "You don't believe me, do you?" He didn't answer but just faintly smiled.

I knew it, I must be looked like an idiot.

After that extraordinary or extraterrestrial activity I saw yesterday, and when the shamanic method didn't work, there was only one way out I could think I about: I have to go to church.

So here I am, sitting inside the quiet chapel, in the midst of the night, next to the middle-aged man who's around the age of my dad, wearing his black blazer as he held his bible in his right hand.

I thought I will finally have my answer...

But the answer I was expecting just not what I have received.

Instead of taking me seriously, the pastor just started to preach to me about the ghost in the past.

I wasn't talking about the phrase, I was talking about the REAL ghost that can disappear and appear at the most unexpected times, vanished into a thin air, and even walked passing the wall— well, I haven't seen Yoongi did that yet but might as well soon!

Regardless of all of my attempts to explain the situation as calm as possible, without sounding like a madman, I believed the pastor still think I might be a little bit insane.

And that's how I ended up being told about life.

"Sweetheart, I don't think you are being haunted or possessed by any ghost. By the way, you're explaining earlier—"

"Yes! I know, it's weird! He can go out in the daylight, eat, his hands were warm, he is handsome and all—" I slapped myself, what the hell am I saying?! That wasn't the right to be whipped!

"My point is, everything about him is almost too normal and acceptable except the part when I saw him fell and vanished into a thin air yesterday!" Now I have lost all of my cool, definitely sound like a crazy last year college student.

"Maybe you're just tired, my child." I shook my head furiously.

"No, I know what I've seen." I groaned furiously.

"Maybe he isn't a ghost. Maybe he is a demon, devil, spawn of satan, or whatever you call them! There is a possibility, right? I mean if God exists then Demon shall too!" I persisted.

"But why would a demon save your life?" I parted my lips to state my defense but everything stuck at the back of my throat.

Right. A demon is an evil creature and Yoongi was anything but evil.

"I don't know..." I mumbled hesitantly.