Chapter 3

It was like we were on freeze mode,none of us moved. Jace kept staring at me like I was a criminal.my hands were shaking,i was so nervous and didn't know what to say to cover up.

"I have nothing to do with this,you both sort this out."Elly says as she leaves walking past Jace who says,"bye".

I was now alone with Jace the tension became worst.Elly was really good at leaving me alone to solve my problems.Once when we were little, She brought up an idea to call some numbers on Gigi's phone book. I did and I acted like it was a cake delivery service.When Gigi saw us and ask for an explanation,Elly just said exactly the same thing..'i had nothing to do with this.'....... she's going to pay for leaving me here alone.

"Why were you in here last night?" He asks breaking the silence.

I remained mute, I knew he doesn't like me neither do I and this was the worst way to get in trouble with him.Maybe he was going to call the cops or make jest of me at school. The worst part of it all was that I never wanted to attempt the dare last night.

"You left this behind,last night."he says again.

How was he so sure I was the one who came into his room last night. I decided to pretend even though I knew everything was out......."oh!,did I ?"..

He smiles and say,"yea you did,you climbed up my balcony into my room to steal my trophies or something.I know it was you."

I turned to look at the long and fine structured door that led to the balcony and back at him. His cute eyes where staring directly into mine. I looked away and said,"prove it!"

He snorts then scratched his forehead "you're trying to play smart.well next time you are going on a secret mission Ninja! tie up your ugly hair and also you used your face as your lock screen photo. easy as falling off a log."

He came close to show me my picture on my phone. The photo was taken few days after I arrived in Milton.I tried to grab the phone from him but he quickly drew it away.

    "No you don't,you have to explain what you were doing up here before you get this back."he said.

I wasn't going to tell him I came to take a pair of his boxers.i was only going to make things worst.

"I was dared to sneak into your room and back out by some Middle school girls who wanted to know how your room smells like and threatened to post a shameful video of me if I didn't. So I had Elly bring me here."I said trying to cover up.

"Some Middle school girls or you?"he smirked.

I wasn't even interested in coming to his place at first. Elly insisted and that's stupid of him to ask. 

    "That's stupid because I have no interest in you whatsoever."I replied...

He chuckles and was about to say something before my phone rings interrupting the dummy from vomiting whatever he wanted to say.

"Here"he says as he hands me my phone. "Gigi's calling."

  I quickly collected the phone and answered,"Hey Gigi."....."where are you?"she asks......"I'm over at a friend's house. I'm just helping him prepare for a math test we have tomorrow. "I replied trying to avoid any further questions. "You always have to teach others."she says again.
I giggled and replied,"well that's what i get from being a mathematician."
   She laughs over the phone and says,"ok baby,i need you back here ASAP."
   "I'll be back soon bye."I said as I ended the call.

Immediately Jace collected the phone from me. I wasn't fast again.

He moved towards a desk and he began to pile up some books. I begin to wonder what he was up to.

"What are you doing now?"I ask.

He stares at me then back at the book. He sits down on the chair and signalled me to come close using his fingers...I obeyed and moved close to him.

He points at the books he'd stalked and says, "you said you are a mathematician right?"

Without waiting for a reply he continues."this are my math and geometry homework,i need you to do them for me."

"I'm not going to do your math homework lazybones."I respond.

He snorted and says,"Well I guess you don't need your phone anymore.it looks expensive.i like it."

  Was he going to do this?. I guess it was my only way out. He was serious about it.

"Ok fine I'm going to do it."I muttered.

  He gladly stands up and hands me the heavy books,"submission is due tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"I yelled.

"Yeah,tomorrow or do you have a problem with that?"he asked.

"No I don't"I reply as I watch him place my phone into his pocket.

"That's great,i will hand your phone to you when my assignments are properly done."He stated.

"I guess I should get going,so I'd finish your work on time."I said.

"Yeah,you really should."he replied.

We walk downstairs together and unsurprisingly for me Elly was there watching a movie.

"Elly let's get going,i have stuffs to do."I said.

She turns to me and asks "what about your device?"......

"She's going to get it back when she's done with these." He says pointing at the books.

"Wow, that's much,we should get going."Elly says.

We walked out of his house without talking. Elly was quiet,i also didn't talk to her. We were already getting close to my house.

  "After what you did back there you still left me to carry this books all by myself."I said breaking the silence.

  "I only wanted you to be friends with Jace and you didn't ask for help with the books."she says collecting some books from me.

"Look, Jace has been my friend since our first year in high school even though I don't know him as well as I know you,I'm pretty sure Jace is a nice person. He's not rude like the other boys at school."she added.

I turn to her not knowing what she's getting to." why do you think I'll be interested to know that ?"I ask.

"Nothing"she says softly. "I just want to let you know Jace is not the kind of guy that would ask a girl to lay with him.just for show."she adds in a low tone.

Like other guys would. Maybe they are guys like that but it doesn't make Jace different from the rest.

"After I get my phone back, I am going to have nothing to do with him."I say to her.

   If he was as nice as Elly described, then he would have given me back my phone without requesting for anything. It's not like I didn't like him but I can't stand someone like him. And that annoying little brat I couldn't stand also.

I made a face thinking of the rude girl and Elly asks,"what? You left something behind again?"

  I turn to face her as I reply,"No,it's just that this books are heavy."

she snorts,"That's sad because you have to carry it alone tomorrow."

Author's note
Hey guys, I really appreciate everyone reading my story.

Once again thank you so much for reading and if you like it vote and spread the words.

I love making friends,{extrovert🙃}
Instagram @jcee_bliss
DM also allowed

Check in for new chapters always

Much love
💝💝💝
Jcee_bliss