Chapter 13

"And where are you going dressed like this?" Gigi asked her eyes lingering on me.

"I have a tutoring session with Jace" I answered then added checking my self out in the mirror, "Is there anything wrong with it?"

  "No! Nothing honey" Gigi beamed at me "you just look so mature and tall"

I broke out a smile, Walking towards Gigi and placing my arms around her waist. "Thanks Gigi"

  "Oh! Sweetheart, you really are beautiful" Gigi whispered "Jace is so lucky to be your boyfriend."

  "Fake Boyfriend" I said trying to hook my ear rings. " Remember?"

  Gigi laughed before she replied, " Speaking about that, I have something I need to tell you"

  My eyes widened as I asked,"What?"

"Well there's someone I have been seeing lately" Gigi began, "His name is Mike and he owns blue Ivy boutique."

"You are going out with the owner of blue ivy?" I asked.

"Yes dear and this time it feels so right, you know?"

  Nope, I actually don't know.I probably would not know what love felt like.

"Yes" I lied

  With a smile, Gigi continued "I was talking to Mike and I told him about you"

  "Me?" I asked softly.

"Yes honey, you are more than my daughter, how could I not tell him? And Mike said he is divorced. He also has a five year old daughter and so he thought it would be a wonderful idea if we all could meet."

Okay, What the hell?! I was happy for Gigi, I really was. But wasn't this going a bit fast, even for her? Gigi and I have been living together from the time I could remember and all of a sudden, she wants to introduce me to her boyfriend and his child who would probably kick my leg bone. Gigi has never introduced me to any of her boyfriend before which could only mean that this was serious.

"April" Gigi called bringing me out of my thoughts, "what do you say?"

"I… it's great.." I said with a confused face, "I should get going.

  Grabbing my arm, Gigi replied "if you're not okay with it, just tell me."

"No!, It's wonderful" I exclaimed, "I seriously can't wait to meet the little kid, we will be like super close and also play together. You know I have always wanted a little sister."

Oh April! You should just shut up, don't go on about it.

"Okay Darling" Gigi cut me off, "I'm glad you are okay with it."

With that being said,i placed a kiss on Gigi's forehead and grabbed my bag.

….

"It's easy, Just divide you result by five and solve for 'x'." I said,breaking an equation down for Jace to understand.

"X is.." Jace stopped as he thought for a moment before he answered in a low and not so sure voice, "fifteen?"

"How did you get through third grade" I complained breathing out heavily, "X is thirty five dummy!"

"First" Jace began with a frown on his face, "I have a problem with numbers and secondly, you don't always have to insult me..do you?"

  "You are really hard to teach" I commented rubbing my forehead, "Just hand me that textbook, Let's see if you can use trig method."

Jace handed me the textbook before he replied, ."Trying to use Trigonometry is as stupid as trying to start a conversation with my neighbor's daughter."