Lynn and Kevin

(08/02/2019)

Early update. 

Today at Krispy Kreme donuts they have a promo of a dozen chocolate glazed donuts for $2. (This is a monthly promo, that I just found out about, YEAH KKD) Time for a treat.

Lynn and Kevin.

Lynn Thost pulled into the parking lot of Krispy Kreme Donuts, parked next to a yellow Ford truck.

She already knew what she wanted and was happy the parking lot was still had a space. She hated drive-thrus.

After standing in line she ordered and took her purchases to the only table left.

She drank her coffee while doing research on her laptop.  She knew the second another Lycan walked into the store. Her fingers paused over the keys.

Two males had walked in and paused just inside the building. The dark long hair of the second one swayed softly as he lifted his head and sniffed the air.

A human would assume he was simply enjoying the scent of fresh donuts and coffee. Lynn knew better.

He said something to his friend.

He smelled her. His mate. Lynn was sure of it. Her heart had sped up and the tingle over her backbone was definitely not fear.

He stepped forward. His friend grabbed his shirt sleeve but he jerked out of his hold. He barely missed colliding with a woman holding two boxes of donuts.

"Oops." She called.

"Sorry." He told the woman absently as he wove around her. 

Lynn was on her feet and at the other side of the table by the time he reached her. Her skin tingled in anticipation of his touch. If they had been alone or at least not among humans she would have jumped into his arms.

His brown eyes looked directly into hers. She read the statement she saw there. "Mine."

She could do little else but hope her reply was just as easy to read.  "Yes! Absolutely yes."

He stopped, their bodies just a foot from touching. He reached out and slid his hand under her hair along the back of her neck.

His touch was like a mild electrical current. For a moment he didn't move.

Her mind finally understood. He was giving her time to back away. She didn't want to back away. She wanted him. She had waited twenty four years for him.

She stepped forward. He tilted his head and kissed her. She grabbed his shirt and held on as fireworks burst behind her closed lashes. She swept his lips with her tongue.

They both had forgotten where they were. But a male cleared his throat bringing them back to reality.

Lynn seldom blushed but the fact that at least seven sets of eyes where watching them burned her cheeks.

"Excuse my brother and his girlfriend. They've been away from each other a while." The man said. "Excuse us."

The end.