Allisen and Keiston *

Allisen Lydecker had spent six months searching for her mate. Disappointed she she came home to Templeton alone.

She tapped the pen on the notebook. She had already completed the bathroom and utilities list but the kitchen list was being problematic.

She lived with her sister, who ate almost nothing but tea, coffee, apple juice, chicken, angle hair pasta, salad and children's cereal. So over the past six months the pantry had been neglected. The bare spaces on the shelves didn't bother Allison. What bothered her was the out of date tins
and jars that now needed to be tossed in the bin and replaced.

Allisen looked over at the two white trash bags on the tiled floor.

She'd been home less then twenty six hours and already had a weeks worth of errands to attend to.

She loved Allysa. If her sister had not left for work before she got up she would have probably killed her. At the very least she would have throttled her.

She gathered her purse, locked up and took the trash to the dumpster. She made the short drive to the grocery store. The McDonald's across the street was too tempting to resist.

After a quick trip to the wash room she placed her order. The stop in was multi fold. First, you're not supposed to do your grocery shopping while your hungry. You end up spending more then you planned, buying things you don't need, and healthy becomes less of a priority. Plus, there was the added bonus of... Coffee.

The apartment was completely bare of coffee. There wasn't even any of the instant kind. So Allisen ordered two large with sugar and cream. Allisen had never been able to use fake sugar. It affected her mood and her stomach.

Lunch finished, second cup in hand, she entered the grocery store. One thing about being Lycan was that smells were forty times stronger. In some places businesses recirculated the air to cut down on cost. Hardy's was one of those places.

Thirty minutes after entering the store she finally placed the last items, bread, in the buggy. As she made her way down the isle the AC unit kicked on. Despite the air filteration system the scent of damp soil, rain and spearmint were forced down from the vent above her.

Allisen froze misstep. She closed her eyes and breathed in the smell. Head tilted back she slowly inhaled as much as her lungs could hold. Her fingers slid off of the handle of the buggy.

Allisen was barely aware of the human woman who passed her. The woman gave her a curious look and wondered if she were on drugs. She shook her head, rolled her eyes and continued down the isle.

Allisen loved the smell. It reminded her of running as a wolf in the forest. The AC kicked off stealing the scent from the air. Allisen blinked. Suddenly aware she was standing in the middle of the grocery store looking completely like a drunken fairy, she straighted up and grabbed the buggy handle.

She rushed towards the register intending to leave as soon as possible.

"That'll be $146.48 dollars." The clerk tapped the screen.

Allisen nodded, removed her bank card from her purse.

As she slid the chipped end into the machine the caught the faint smell of damp soil, rain and spearmint. She wanted to just breath in the smell but forced herself to focus on the task at hand.

What the hell is wrong with me? She wondered. She gave the cashier a contrite smile after dropping and retrieving the receipt.

"Excuse me, sorry." She told the woman behind her. She grabbed the buggy and headed for the door.

A few checkout lanes towards the door the scent was so strong she couldn't help but slow her pace. She resisted the urge to close her eyes and inhale smell. But she did scent the air.

In the self checkout lanes closest to the door stood a tall man with shoulder length tan hair. In profile she noticed his features were smooth, almost artistic. He fed the machine a twenty, took his change and receipt. He lifted a hand and swiped his hair behind his ear.

An ear that was slightly pointed, skin that was clearly sun kissed and lips that made Allisen think of roses.

Allisen realized she had stopped moving forward and now stood staring at the elf.

He grabbed his bag of purchases. His change was stuffed into his pocket.

He had taken only three steps when he cought sight of her.

He gave her a polite non committal smile that only lasted a second before it slipped away. His body stiffened, he looked around, dismissed the human at the other self checkout and looked back at Allisen.

"Keiston Willoshire." He moved towards her.

Allisen wanted to howl. This elf was her mate! His scent was so overwhelming. Memorizing. Intoxicating.

"Hello, my inamorato." He grinned at her.

Allisen found she couldn't speak. He was gorgeous. His eyes were amazingly beautiful. One eye was blue, the other green.

She couldn't seem to do anything but stare at him. He noticed her speechlessness.

"Are you alright, love?" He reached out and took her hand in his. She nodded, vigorously.

"Do you speak?"

She almost shook her head no. But at the last moment she nodded. Her skin tingled were he touched her. It was distracting, as if she wasn't distracted enough already.

She didn't want to, but had to put space between them. She gently pulled her hand back. She took a step back and took a deep breath in through her mouth.

"Allisen Lydecker." She informed him. Her voice soft and warm.

He smiled, clearly pleased.

She nodded. They needed to talk, privately.

"M-my apartment is about two miles. From here, I mean. I think, you could, you know, follow me." She licked her lips. "We should talk."

"Lead the way, love." He smiled.

The End