Yani York and Teegan Maddox *

Teegan Maddox was sick of his life. At twenty-five he'd had enough drama to last a lifetime. He knew some of the drama was of his own making. In order to get his life in order he'd stopped dating. He'd always seemed to end up with the drama queen, the psycho, the narcissist, the underground gold digger or the painted princess. The relationship never ended well.

His last relationship was with a psycho painted princess. The painted princess was never what she seemed. When you first met you assumed she was the perfect woman; great manners, beautiful, caring, and secure with her self. But all those wonderful qualities we're just a beautiful painting over a rotted canvas. She wasn't secure about herself. Eventually you realized the beautiful makeup, the perfectly crisp clothes and the perfectly dyed hair or her ways of compensating for the deepest flaws she saw in herself. Her great manners were impeccable as long as no one questioned her. Her caring attitude lasted only as long as she knew she was being watched.

However, there was then the psycho painted princess, Shelly Bartholomew. She was the classic painted princess with a lot  of Fatal Attraction thrown right on top.

Teegan knew the relationship was over by the third date. Shelly however had no intention of letting him go. She showed up at his job, his house, his best friends house,  and at his gym. She called his cell relentlessly, left messages at his work. She put notes under his windshield wipers. At one point she broke into the house.

His boss at the auto parts store threatened to fire him if she kept calling. Teegan called her as soon as he left work.

"Tee! I was just fixing to call you. I talked to my mom today and she said she plans to visit next weekend. I can't wait for you to meet her."

She kept talking even though he tried to interrupt.

"Shelly, if you say another word I'm hanging up." This finally cut off her monologue. He sighed in relief. "I've tried to be nice. But what you're doing is stalking. I'm done. There is nothing between us. Don't call me. Don't call my friends. Don't contact me again. Do you understand?"

"Why are you being so mean, Teegan? What did I do to upset you? I love you. I-"

Teegan hung up. Clearly he wasn't getting his point across. He drove to Richard's. They spent the next two hours researching what to do in this situation.

The next morning Teegan called his boss and took the day off to file an order of protection. He stopped by his work and picked up a statement from him about Shelly's constant calls, dropping by and notes left on his car at work.

For a few day he didn't hear from her. But three days passed and she showed up at the part store. However, she purchased a new car battery and two quarts of oil for her car. Technically, she wasn't doing anything wrong. There were other parts stores that she could have went to but theirs was by far the cheapest. The next day she walked up to him at the supermarket. Teegan shook his head and walked away. The following day she tried twice to leave messages with his boss before noon.

His boss informed him that if he hadn't already started the process of a restraining order he would have been fired. He also promised he would testify in court if Teegan needed.

Over the following week she called multiple times, left notes on his car, and showed up at random places Teegan was at. When she showed up at the gym in work out gear, Teegan cancelled his membership.

Two weeks after he filled the paperwork for the restraining order he arrived home from work to find her sitting in his living room.

She jumped to her feet and demanded an explanation. "What the hell is this? You're supposed to love me, damn it." She threw her copy of the court date at him. He didn't even need to pick up the crumpled paper to know what it was.