Nima and Daxton

Daxton and Nima

Daxton Cary parked in the restaurant's parking lot next to his father's car. He had just returned from a trip to the Wilshire Pack territory. Paul Cary was the Alpha of Rover Pack and Daxton's father. He had sent his son to visit with Carl Spain the alpha of the Wilshire pack. In all honesty, Daxton hadn’t been impressed by the alpha.

He was glad to be home but wished his first night back wouldn't be spent in a restaurant. He wanted to just relax at home. He'd like to read a book or play video games with his cousin, Paul. He just wanted to relax.

He'd been at the Wilshire pack three weeks. He hated having to play nice with Alphas that seemed more interested in what they could get than actually helping their pack members. But it had to be done and the fact of the matter was that an alliance with Willshire Pack would help the pack members and not just the selfish Alpha.

Daxton entered the restaurant, greeted the hostess and was led back to the private room. There were already seven people seated at the table. Daxton recognized them all.

Carl, his father sat at the head of the table. Joanna Cary, Daxtons mother and the pack Luna sat at her mates left side. Jim Brach, his fathers' delta sat to his father's right. Beside Jim sat his mate, Epsilon Lora Brach. Zeta Harvey Oren sat to the Luna’s left and his mate Eta Connie Oren sat to his left.

The last man at the table was someone Daxton recognized but didn’t personally know. His name was George Wolf, and he was the beta of Cloud Falls Pack.

His presence was surprising. Cloud Falls Alpha had died fourteen months previously. And Cloud Falls pack had been mentioned at Daxton's meeting with the Wilshire pack Alpha. The Wilshire Alpha seemed to  believe the Beta of Cloud Falls pack was, in fact, pulling the strings of the young and impressionable, deceased alphas daughter. He sited threats the Beta had made as well as the fact that six of his pack had abandoned Wilshire pack and now lived on Cloud Falls land, against custom.

“Daxton, son, you're here.” Joanna stood and closed the space between them. “I missed you so.” She engulfed him in a hug. Gently, he squeezed her back.

“I missed you too,” he said against her ear.

No one still sat at the table. Each person had greeted him in his or her own way.

“Dax, I’d like for you to meet, Beta George Wolf of Cloud Falls Pack.” his father said at last. He allowed the two to shake hands.

“Alpha Carlson and Luna Joanna have told me great things about you.” George shook his hand. His grip wasn’t weak or too strong.  He met Daxtons eyes. He smiled, seeming to be pleased with meeting him.

Daxton was unnerved. The man's scent was intriguing, alluring even. He swallowed the saliva that flooded his mouth, forced a smile and joked, “All true, I assure you.” Daxton made eye contact with his father. “Alpha, I came to let you know I had arrived home.” he lied. He had intended to stay but found the scent of George rattling. “I’m tired. It was a long day.”

“But you just arrived, Dax. I want you to meet the Luna Nima Vollmond.”

“I- I will.” he glanced at George and back to his father. His father looked both concerned and irritated. “I-”

“I’ll walk you out to your car. If we’re lucky we may even bump into Luna Nima on the way out,” he said and Dax felt relief. “I’ll be right back love.” Carl kissed Joanna on the lips and turned to Daxton.

Dax had nothing against other people with sexual orientation different than his own but he had never been attracted to men. Finding George's smell so compelling was unsettling. Admittedly, he didn’t find the man sexually attractive but his scent was attractive.